Help picking pocket light

This is a discussion on Help picking pocket light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need help picking a good pocket lift for EDC. Of course small for pocket and easy of carry but like to have clip or able ...

Thread: Help picking pocket light

Help picking pocket light

Need help picking a good pocket lift for EDC. Of course small for pocket and easy of carry but like to have clip or able to buy a clip aftermarket, bizel for stricking, like strobe but I know that make cost go up. Hoping to spend $100 since $ is tigt and if have $280 for a light I'll get a new gun lol. Thinking about surefire ED2. But any help is appreciate and if you can include links for prices and pics

2. Remove Ads

I've been carrying a Nitecore EX10 for several months now and I love it. It's super bright on the highest, but perfect night light at lowest. I also purchased a pocket clip to attach and I use it occasionally, but lately I just stick it in my pocket and it melts away. I believe I payed ballpark $70 for the light, pocket clip, & some extra batteries from 4sevens.

Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I've got a Fenix LD20 and like it a lot. A big plus is that it uses AA batteries. The LD20 uses two AAs, so it's a little long, but I think you'd like the LD10 which runs on one AA battery.

Fenix LD10

Good luck in your search...
    Lifetime NRA member.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Fenix LD01. I have two and think they're a heck of a mini light especially considering the price you can get them for.

Edit: Sorry typed that from my phone earlier and had the wrong #.
    Last edited by Wasabi; September 12th, 2009 at 12:14 AM.

Thanks that's perfect and yeah great price!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    I've been carrying a Nitecore EX10 for several months now and I love it.

I've got the D10 (essentially the same light as the EX, just a little bigger and uses AA's), I haven't carried it much though (no particular reason) and it's a great light.

I got it off of E-bay (had a gift cert, otherwise would have ordered from 4-7's)

I'm considering getting another larger nitecore to use as a house/nightstand light.....
    I'm also thinking about checking out one of the new "Quark" series 4-7's is selling
    Last edited by Rotorflyr; September 11th, 2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: additional
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

There are several companies out there making very nice lights for cheaper...but in my opinion...Surefire just gets it right more often. They are a little more expensive..but affordable if you look. My first light was a Surefire E2e. I now have given it to my Fiancee for her purse. I EDC a Surefire E1L. The E2D is an excellent choice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

+1 on the ex-10! I got one and its been in my pocket every day since it came in the mail. I love it.

Lead Moderator
    I carry a Streamlight micro stream daily for work and it is a nice small (yet bright ) light. It only uses 1 AAA battery too. A search for lights should give you all sorts of ideas too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I second the Fenix. I carry a PD20 everyday. They are GREAT lights. Strike bezels, strobe, multiple light modes. I highly suggest looking for one.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

I have three I have tried, and they are all good. I have a Surefire G2 nitrolon, A small one made by spyderco - Sold at Meiger, then one more sold at target,black rubber cover on the body. The name escapes me currently. All three have the push button on the back, but the Spyderco is either continually on or off. That one is shorter and has an aluminum body.
    Although more expensive, I do like the CR 123 lithium batteries for these three flashlights. The lumens are incredibly bright, much better than just AA batteries. My Surefire was $32, and both of the other lights were under $20. Great bargains for a bright tactical light.
    Ohio Rusty ><>

The PD10 is nice and tad smaller than the LD10 but like the clip with the LD10

Look at Lighthound.com for the Novatac 85T light. Last I saw it was on sale for $75, has all the modes you could ever want, and the secret is, you CAN program it (yes, all the Novatacs are programmable, you just have to do the 250-click hack on the non-P models).

I love my 85T.

Thanks for the help I ordered the Fenix LD10 on Saturday thru the link pasted above and only $2 shipping! Can wait till it gets here

Links