laserlyte reply to future models for rear sight laser.

This is a discussion on laserlyte reply to future models for rear sight laser. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concerning my inquiry as to what gun(s) are on their list for their next model rear sight laser to be fitted for: Thank you for ...

Thread: laserlyte reply to future models for rear sight laser.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

laserlyte reply to future models for rear sight laser.

Concerning my inquiry as to what gun(s) are on their list for their next model rear sight laser to be fitted for:

Thank you for your e-mail. We will be expanding the Rear Sight line, the next model will be for the Springfield Armory XD and XDM. It has not been decided as to which models will be added next or a time table, but we are keeping a record of all requests for the Rear Sight Laser for future reference. I have added yours to the list. When a new product is available it will be added to our website LaserLyte : Rear Sight Laser RL-1 please keep an eye out for up-coming new products.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

I question the durability of a laser that reciprocates violently back and forth with the slide every shot. Plus, you need to manually turn it on. I do like that they have no impact on holster selection.

For now, I'll stick with the Crimson Trace line of lasers. I've also used the internal Lasermax and the Armalaser. CT is the best, in my experience...though they can impact your holster selection.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Well, Lasermax is a favorite of several of my LEO friends in their Glocks. Replaces the guide rod and has to be manually activated for use. In it's position it has to be subjected to some violent recoil too - but I haven't read about it having any problems.
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Well, Lasermax is a favorite of several of my LEO friends in their Glocks. Replaces the guide rod and has to be manually activated for use. In it's position it has to be subjected to some violent recoil too - but I haven't read about it having any problems.
    I had a Lasermax in my Glock 19 - at the time I bought it they were the only laser option for Glocks. It worked well, other than accidentally turning itself on in my Smartcarry and draining the batteries (a call to them and a shorter switch fixed that).

The guide rod is subject to vibration, but not the violent back-and-forth that the slide is.

I sold mine and got Crimson Trace, mostly because it comes on just by gripping the pistol normally. In a defensive encounter, I doubt I will have time to switch it on manually. Same reason I don't like manual safeties.

Just my experience.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links