Coleman Max LED Flashlight

This is a discussion on Coleman Max LED Flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got one of these from Walmart a few days ago. For some reason, they seem to come in two different sizes and I got ...

Thread: Coleman Max LED Flashlight

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

Coleman Max LED Flashlight

I got one of these from Walmart a few days ago. For some reason, they seem to come in two different sizes and I got the small one. It's rated for 115 lumens. This thing is BRIGHT! It'll practically give you daylight in a small area.

Anyone else familiar with this model?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

I think they are great little flashlights for a less than a quarter of the big name brand torches. The lil one I bought is rated at 120 lumens. Man its bright!!!

I have 3 of em.

How dare you two. Making me buy a new light! I took a look at one today and picked it up. Got the larger max with the red and blue led's. They will come in very handy for hunting. Brought it home and it completely lit up my bedroom. I work in a warehouse by myself. I get there between 10 and 11 pm and have to make my way around some delivery trucks to the door in the dark. This will be a very handy new piece of gear. I like to check all the hiding spots with a flashlight to be sure I am alone. Thanks for the info! I also put a larger hand braided lanyard on it. It hangs out of my pocket for eaiser access and I could swing it like a club in a pinch.

Got any picks or links??

Yep.. I've had one for a while.. Great light,.. Battery don't last long if you use it allot, but it is REALLY bright,.

Their great for the $$ still have one & 2 of the 75 lumens for $18 & a G2with the 120Lums
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Now I have to buy another flashlight! Why do I let you guys make me feel that I need one or more flashlights? I saw that precise flashlight and came very close to buying one or two of them! Now I feel that I really need one or two of them to add to my collection! lol
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I've actually started carrying one in lieu of my Surefire G2. The Coleman is smaller and lighter - it fits in my pocket. I had to carry the G2 on my belt. With my cell phone also on my belt, I was starting to trend toward a "Batman belt."

I also like the Coleman's tail switch better - light press for momentary on, harder press for continuous on. Beats having to rotate the tailcap on the Surefire for continuous on, and you don't need to worry about the tailcap rotating to "off" unintentionally.

For the money, the Coleman is hard to beat. The LED also uses less battery than the bulb in my G2. Going to buy another for my wife.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    How dare you two. Making me buy a new light! I took a look at one today and picked it up. Got the larger max with the red and blue led's. They will come in very handy for hunting. Brought it home and it completely lit up my bedroom. I work in a warehouse by myself. I get there between 10 and 11 pm and have to make my way around some delivery trucks to the door in the dark. This will be a very handy new piece of gear. I like to check all the hiding spots with a flashlight to be sure I am alone. Thanks for the info! I also put a larger hand braided lanyard on it. It hangs out of my pocket for eaiser access and I could swing it like a club in a pinch.
    Glad I could help! And by the way, I've already decided that I'm going to get another one to keep in my truck.

Here's why: last night I got curious as to how well it stacks up against my Maglight. So I took the Coleman Max and the Maglight outside and it was amazing. The Max is about 20-25% brighter than the 3-D-cell Maglight. It's also about 10% the size of the Maglight.

So I'll be replacing the bulky traditional flashlight with one of these.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I have two of them. One the 1w and one the 3w. I believe it's rated at 60 lumens and 75. I found they are great solid lights, but tend to eat batteries. The 3w has started blinking/strobing on its own when you press it on. Screwing the cap makes it work just fine, but that requires two hands. Great for the price, but my Fenix is much easier to carry, smaller, lighter, brighter, has multiple settings, and is STILL on the first set of batteries.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Here is the one I got. It has a red and blue led's, and a white cree led. The blue seems to be for blood trails. Cool! The red lens is great for getting in and out of the woods during deer season. Doesn't spook them light a regular light. Rated at 115 lumens and runs on 3 AAA.
    I got the silver one, did not see the black one.

Walmart.com: Coleman Cree XLamp XR-E LED Multi-Color Flashlight, 3 "AAA": Camping

Used it last night at work. Wow, is it bright. Completely lit up the areas between and under the trucks. It's fatter than a mini mag, but does not seem to be any heavier in my pocket. I like it!

I bought another of the smaller version of this light this weekend. I thought it ran on the same 123 batteries as my G2, but instead it runs on CR2 batteries. Nuts! Now I have to buy different batteries for this light! Oh well - still way smaller than my G2. *sigh*

The version that runs on 3 AAA batteries seemed a bit too thick to me, otherwise I would have bought that one instead.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    I have two of them. One the 1w and one the 3w. I believe it's rated at 60 lumens and 75. I found they are great solid lights, but tend to eat batteries. The 3w has started blinking/strobing on its own when you press it on. Screwing the cap makes it work just fine, but that requires two hands. Great for the price, but my Fenix is much easier to carry, smaller, lighter, brighter, has multiple settings, and is STILL on the first set of batteries.
    How much and from where? I like the idea of an LI battery, but I bet I could use some rechargeable LI's for the Coleman too.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Links