All-Steel Pistol Safe at Dick's Sporting Goods - $29.99

This is a discussion on All-Steel Pistol Safe at Dick's Sporting Goods - $29.99 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was walking around Dick's Sporting Goods this afternoon, out of boredom more than anything else, and I happened to step into their firearm section ...

Thread: All-Steel Pistol Safe at Dick's Sporting Goods - $29.99

I was walking around Dick's Sporting Goods this afternoon, out of boredom more than anything else, and I happened to step into their firearm section that I never before realized they had! Duh.

Anyway, they had one of the electronic bedside types that really doesn't interest me, plus a couple of others. Then I spotted it. All-Steel, two shelves, can be secured to the floor, wall or ceiling (!), for $29.99. Of course, I had to dive on it. My kids are getting older and more curious about some things, plus I had already been thinking about beefing up security at home, anyway.

It can hold my Ruger GP100 and Colt Defender on separate shelves with ease, plus a few mags and/or speedloaders.

I wound up building a corner shelf to mount it in a closet.

Just wanted to pass the deal on.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Ya got a link, picture, website on said safe.. I need to buy a safe for my whopping two handguns and some ammo, and have no need for any long arm area right now..
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

cmb
    the only thing which worries me is you happened to walk intothe firearm section! happened, that is my first stop!

I also bought a safe from Dick's recently. Reg. price is $119.00 and on sale for $100.00. It was for long guns but I installed 6 shelves from plywood and covered them with tool box drawer liner. Still have a large space for holsters and ammo on the bottom. Turned out nice for my handgun needs. It will hold a lot of handguns now and two long guns on each side of the door.

PICS!!!!! Sounds like a pretty good deal.

My digital camera seems to have crapped out. I just took a pic but I can't seem to get it to transfer. Oh, well.

It's a small metal safe with two shelves. It's 9.25" tall and wide by 13 inches deep.

Stoble, thanks for that info. I may have to go back there again because I also have a shotgun I need to secure.

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by MBtech87 View Post
    Ya got a link, picture, website on said safe.. I need to buy a safe for my whopping two handguns and some ammo, and have no need for any long arm area right now..
    I just went to their website and they don't seem to list it. I also didn't see the one Stoble was talking about for $119.00.

If I can get my hunk-o-junk camera to transfer, I'll post a pic of mine.

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by Stoble View Post
    I also bought a safe from Dick's recently. Reg. price is $119.00 and on sale for $100.00. It was for long guns but I installed 6 shelves from plywood and covered them with tool box drawer liner. Still have a large space for holsters and ammo on the bottom. Turned out nice for my handgun needs. It will hold a lot of handguns now and two long guns on each side of the door.
    I went by there and saw that one today. It was $119.00 and not on sale, but still an excellent deal. It's by the same company that makes the one I posted about (forget the name, starts with an 'S'). I got the guy to open it for me and I see what you mean about the lack of shelves. Of course, I could easily install some since it's pre-drilled.

I have a too-small fireproof safe. Someday I'll get a fireproof gun safe to replace it. More storage and big enough to hold the shotgun.

EDIT: The company is Stack-On.

-miklcolt45

This is the one im looking at.. I dont think its the same one as you guys. I only have a few pistols and ~1000 rounds. I want to buy a nicer safe for later, but this will do for now.

If you read reviews, there seem to be packaging issues with dented pieces from 'Stack-on' but local Academy has them for like $79.99..

STACK-ON GC-900-5 Security Plus Gun Cabinet - Factory Express
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

Before I had a better (not perfect, but much better) safe, I had one of these. I drilled a couple of extra holes and bolted it to the high closet shelf and put anchors in the wall studs so it was attached to the wall, also. It was at least partially hidden and couldn't be carried off with ease. It would not have kept out a crook with time, but it would slow the hurried burglars a little. A relative has one like this. He built a false wall in a closet, like part of a dressing bench (hard to describe but it looks like a shelf) and unless he shows you it's there, you absolutely won't find it. He then put this inside it. Better than nothing and at least keeps the kids fingers away.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Sponsored Links