Poll: Do You Carry A Knife With Your Gun?

This is a discussion on Poll: Do You Carry A Knife With Your Gun? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of getting a tactical knife to come along with me alongside my gun, and was wondering how many of us do this regularly ...

View Poll Results: Do you carry a tactical knife AND a gun together?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I usually carry both with me.

348 88.78%
  • No, just a gun for me, thanks

44 11.22%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do You Carry A Knife With Your Gun?

Question Poll: Do You Carry A Knife With Your Gun?

I'm thinking of getting a tactical knife to come along with me alongside my gun, and was wondering how many of us do this regularly for defensive purposes? Feel free to elaborate.....

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Yes, a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek (assisted opener).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Yes, a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek (assisted opener).
    +1

Isn't expensive and works well.

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

I have a number of knives and I always carry one, usually my Kershaw Ken Onion Leek or my Spyderco Endura. Another "sometimes carry" of mine is my KaBar TDI.

Yes, Spyderco Endura..
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I have a number of knives and I always carry one, usually my Kershaw Ken Onion Leek or my Spyderco Endura. Another "sometimes carry" of mine is my KaBar TDI.
    I love the Spyderco Endura. Only problem is it is illegal if concealed in CO. I don't worry too much because I don't conceal it and I don't go to Denver much. If I go to Denver I leave it in the car.

Yes.....kind of. I carry a Spyderco Delica, but although it could certainly fill a self defense role, it's primary purpose is as a daily utility knife, not a single purpose defensive weapon. Let's face it, a knife is a deadly weapon, just as a gun is. If I need to respond to a situation with deadly force, it's gonna be with a gun, not with a knife.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Can't carry a gun at work. Darn interstate commerce laws! So it's a knife, pepper spray, and light for me. Don't think I have been without a knife since 10 th grade. Used to loan mine to teachers and other kids to sharpen pencils. Ah, the good old days, when common sense prevailed.

Gun, mag, flashlight, keys, knife, phone, and wallet. Every day, and the knife is a Spyderco Endura ZDP. Highly recommend Spyderco, customer service is great, and one hellouva knife.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Yes. Right now it's a Benchmade Griptilian with modified sheepsfoot blade.

It's for utility purpose and not for a defensive tool. Yes, in a last ditch effort I would go to it for defense, but I would rather use almost anything else than a blade for defense if I can avoid it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yes, usually 2 knives, swiss army camper model, a tool I seem to find a use for every day, and Harley-Davidson branded folder that was a gift. Nice knife even disreguarding the HD hype.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Knife laws are confusing. From city to city, state to state requirements vary. Many seem vague. So for me tactical knives are out. I carry a pen knife.

The other thing is as you become a seasoned citizen, the knife fight skills are diminished. Where once we were trained to use a knife, those techniques have long gone in my case.

These days the skills run to chain saw, brush hook, and brush cutter. Those are hard to conceal, but I am pretty sure any man with a brush hook would win most fights. I keep my brush hook wicked sharp. I can go through a three inch sprout with one blow. COUNCIL TOOL 1642 DITCH BANK BLADE 40" HICKORY HANDLE

This has me thinking. Perhaps the brush hook manual of arms might not be a bad thing to work on. Thrust and parry. Slash and hook. The sprouts had better look out tomorrow. It is great therapy. I can't count the number of times some poor sprout has died as a surrogate for a politician.

A knife is part of my daily wear. I carry a knife like a wallet, I never leave home without one. Being a HVAC contractor I use a knife almost on a hourly basis.

I only have three carry knives, two are assisted opening, A GATCO Timberline and Kershaw Blur and the third is a Cold Steel "neck knife" which I love, you just have to be careful putting it back in the sheath, otherwise you'll give yourself a Tracheotomy
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Always, Gerber 06 auto today.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

You MAY find me with out a gun, you will NOT find me without a knife.

Kershaw whirlwind
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links