Help!!! I need pants!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!! I need pants!!! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I have some, but they're getting threadbare in all the wrong places! These will be for work, and Wally World is of no help ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! I need pants!!!

Exclamation Help!!! I need pants!!!

Okay, I have some, but they're getting threadbare in all the wrong places! These will be for work, and Wally World is of no help with my size...

The Specifications:

1. Must be dress black. They will be going with a suit coat of the same color.

2. I LOVE "Mass Pocketry", but I can't LOOK like I have multiple pockets. Basically, if you wouldn't wear it to Church on Easter Morning, I can't wear them.

3. These will be the third generation of pants to go with this jacket in a year (which is rapidly approaching the "dire" status itself), so they need to be tough, but not "Dickies" duck canvas, or Rip-Stop.

4. They must be 38W/36I. Yes, I'm a little big. I have to wear XXL shirts just to have the sleeves reach my wrists. I roll what doesn't A LOT.

5. Price is an issue. I won't put down a limit, but there is only so much I can spend this month...

I am not at all opposed to "Stealth Tactical Pants" , in fact, that is precisely what I'm looking for. I remember that Dockers used to make something like that a while ago, and I will look, but surely someone here knows of another alternative.

If you know of a good suit coat source (I am cruising Amazon), that maybe has a "special trick" (?) up its sleeve, I'm all ears...

Thanks in advance for your help!
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

2. Remove Ads

Anything wrong with black denim? Wranglers or Levis? I've found many pair of jeans shopping local thrift stores actually. They generally have quite a selection of dress pants and suits and jackets as well. Lots of their clothing seem to be in the larger or smaller sizes as well. Just an idea. Shopping at a non-profit organization is also good during the holiday season since that's when they need more support. Check your yellow pages.

Ram Rod,

Unfortunately, I can't wear those things (jeans). I am Chief of Security at a 4-star hotel. I'd love to, but ain't gonna happen... I really need tough as nails, but nice looking trousers/slacks. Preferably with hidden "goodies" in them.

Thanks though!

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

I know some people don't like LA Police gear, but I have had no problem with them. I have found that 5.11 makes a great pair of tactical dress pant and they are not extremely expensive. I'm sure that you can find these from other dealers.

I only mention LA because I have found and purchased several pair from them on sale. They look great, wear very well and are dressy enough to not appear as a tactical type pant.

Just my $.02.
    Sometimes you find your destiny on the road you chose to avoid it.

sheffd,

Got a link? I'll google, but...

Sometimes you find your destiny on the road you chose to avoid it.

Sponsor
    I buy from LA Police Gear's "close out's" page all the time. The only problem I have had with them is sometimes the web site doesn't show when something on clearance is out of stock. Then when you place your order they hold the whole order until the OOS item is available. If you call the next day to verify availability this will be avoided.

+1 on anything 5.11. It is all high quality and tough as nails, I just wish it was American made. Their covert khakis would be perfect for your situation but I don't know if they are available in black.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

+1 for LA Police Gear. I only had one problem with the back order thing and they were most accomodating and made it right. I teach at a local school and most of my dress clothes are "business tactical" from LAPG.

If it helps, the Men's Warehouse is known for accomodating people with tactical needs. They all have a seamstress / tailor on staff that might be able to help you. All my suits are from their and whe I am fitted with a sidearm the never even blink. Many have found and posted the same thing.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar

Cabela's -- Men's Casual Clothing

I shop for most of my clothes at Cabela's. The quality is great and the prices are extremely reasonable, especially via mail-order. They often have sales, where the prices are reduced even further, sometimes to give-away pricing.

Here's some Chino's on sale for $19.99 - Cabela's Huntsman Flat-Front Chinos

Check them out, I think you'll be happy.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Try 5.11 tactical and some of this product come in rip-stop material. The price varies considerably on line ( planet optics, cop plus, etc.)

VIP Member
    Also look at the Covert Khakis at LAPolice Gear. They look very nice, I wear them to work almost exclusively. They also have internal pockets for carrying mags, knives, etc...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Thanks to all! I did check out the Covert 5.11's but they don't come in black.

The Operator Grade Pants look like a winner though! Great help, everyone!

By the way, MW Suits. So I could reasonable just go in with a gun and get fitted, no issue?

Sweet... Now if I can just save the money for such a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    They must be 38W/36I. Yes, I'm a little big.
    If that's considered Big....I don't want to know what I am...44W/34I 6'2 260lbs

I would go with black denim if you can find some that is black enough....

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    Thanks to all! I did check out the Covert 5.11's but they don't come in black.

The Operator Grade Pants look like a winner though! Great help, everyone!

By the way, MW Suits. So I could reasonable just go in with a gun and get fitted, no issue?

Sweet... Now if I can just save the money for such a thing!
    Yep, just ask them to hide it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links