Safe Door Storage

Safe Door Storage

This is a discussion on Safe Door Storage within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any suggestions on storing pistols on a fuzzy cloth lined safe door. I don't care for the store bought door holsters....

Thread: Safe Door Storage

Safe Door Storage

Does anyone have any suggestions on storing pistols on a fuzzy cloth lined safe door. I don't care for the store bought door holsters.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I don't think I understand the question.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Assistant Administrator
    I am sort of imagining using Velcro hooks on backs of simple holsters or similar. I guess that could work.

My problem is that the door, which is some 4" thick - abuts the shelves very closely - plus the rifle side is chock full - so nothing to be gained trying to use my door inner! No spare space.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Take a look at this:

http://www.deansafe.com/fortknox/options.html

NOT a recommendation, but only picture that I could find that represents what I think the OP means.

I have one which clips over the rear panel (in door) and the Velcro holsters stick to easily. It works and can be arranged so that they clear the rifles/partition/etc. inside the safe.

Jarhead, to explain,
    I am considering attaching my handguns to the door of my safe. Where I bought the safe, I can buy "Ready made" holsters for the job, but I have seen a better solution recently on one of the forums I subscribe to. The photo was in a thread about showing the inside of the safe. I have looked unsuccessfully to find the thread. The photo did not show holsters but what appeared to be some sort of band. My door is lined with a fuzzy carpet like fabric. I know that velcro will adhere, so it could be used, but when pulling the velcro off it tends to fray the fabric, which I don't want to do. Does that clear it up, shipmate?

Chris, My safe door is very close to the shelves too but I was considering attaching the guns such that, when the door closed, the guns would go where the shelves/racks are not.

Lens, I looked at the site you provided but I could not find any info on the door holsters illustrated.

In any case, thanx guys, for your interest and responses - I'm still pondering though.

I currently store my handguns in a Plastic coated Pot Lid Rack that I bought at Lowes for about $9.00. It works great but I can't see them very well so that I can ogle them, which I enjoy doing.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tegemu
    Jarhead, to explain,
    I am considering attaching my handguns to the door of my safe. Where I bought the safe, I can buy "Ready made" holsters for the job, but I have seen a better solution recently on one of the forums I subscribe to. The photo was in a thread about showing the inside of the safe. I have looked unsuccessfully to find the thread. The photo did not show holsters but what appeared to be some sort of band. My door is lined with a fuzzy carpet like fabric. I know that velcro will adhere, so it could be used, but when pulling the velcro off it tends to fray the fabric, which I don't want to do. Does that clear it up, shipmate?

Chris, My safe door is very close to the shelves too but I was considering attaching the guns such that, when the door closed, the guns would go where the shelves/racks are not.

Lens, I looked at the site you provided but I could not find any info on the door holsters illustrated.

In any case, thanx guys, for your interest and responses - I'm still pondering though.

I currently store my handguns in a Plastic coated Pot Lid Rack that I bought at Lowes for about $9.00. It works great but I can't see them very well so that I can ogle them, which I enjoy doing.
    Here's the solution that I use (picture attached below).

It was purchased from the following company, where their picture doesn't do justice to it. They come in different sizes to attach properly to the door frame inside (over the rear panel, note clips at top and straps at bottom). I had them install it when they delivered the safe. This way it doesn't destroy the inside wall fabric. The gun rags are used to prevent oil/lube from dripping down the inside wall of the safe or on the carpet floor.

ETA: Website of safe company showing piss-poor view of product: http://www.easternsecuritysafe.com/P...ories/main.htm
    Attached Images

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    Type in Pistol Pockets in your favorite search engine. I purchased it last year, it comes w/a door hanger and 5 holsters. I think I paid about $50.00 w/shipping.
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

Those Pistol Pockets run about $10.00 each before shipping/ I think that's a tad steep.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    have a buddy that has a gun safe in a closet would not sugjest this for a nice new safe door but this could be handy for a few that convert space in there home for gun storage any way he used a cloth door hanger made to hold ladys shooes he has alot of hand guns and worked out well for him

I use these,
    http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

It looks like the the single one could be mounted on the door, but not sure.

Links