Shot Gun Weapon Light System - LumaForce 300 Lumen Flashlight + Mount

This is a discussion on Shot Gun Weapon Light System - LumaForce 300 Lumen Flashlight + Mount within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shot Gun Weapon Light System - LumaForce 300 Lumen Flashlight + Mount Shot Gun Weapon Light System - LumaForce 300 Lumen Flashlight + Mount Wonder ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wonder if anyone has any experience with one of these lumaforce shotgun lights.

$45
    Ordered one yesterday. Didnt think 45 was bad for a 300 lumen light.

Looks interesting. I might give it a try for that price! My home defense shotgun is an old Winchester model 1300 Defender and it looks like that would work on it.
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmo View Post

$45
    Can't find much info on it. I'd be interested in your opinion when you try it out.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

It looks nice and the price is definitely right.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Thats a heck of a deal if its any good at all.
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Senior Moderator
    300 lumens for 45 bucks. That is a great price.

Man, they have come a long way in flashlites in the last few years that use LED technology.

I've got one that is 220 and its pretty bright and its small enough that I keep it in the pocket. It'll light someone up to 200 yards away.

300 is pretty tough for a small light.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The light looks like a ripoff of a SureFire 6P Defender and if it's actually 300 lumens, the batteries aren't going to last long, even with a LED lamp. I'm betting there some shenanigans going on with the rating. A cursory glance at ShurFire's site shows a max of 120 lumens in a two-battery case and a run time of 3 hours - for around $100.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Wow, they have some pretty attractive regular prices and their currect sale looks great.

I have always felt that Surefire and the like have been priced for the "we'll pay whatever you ask" law enforcement market. It's nice to see something reasonable.

Let us know how these work!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    The light looks like a ripoff of a SureFire 6P Defender and if it's actually 300 lumens, the batteries aren't going to last long, even with a LED lamp. I'm betting there some shenanigans going on with the rating. A cursory glance at ShurFire's site shows a max of 120 lumens in a two-battery case and a run time of 3 hours - for around $100.
    There are a lot of good LED flashlights out there that can do far higher ratings than Surefires for much cheaper. Candlepowerforums is a good place for all things flashlight related.

Surefire is actually lower compared to the others for brightness, and often significantly higher in price. However, Surefires do have almost a guarantee of quality behind them. While many other LED flashlights from manufacturers like Fenix, Solarforce and such are quality as well, I suppose Surefire has the time-tested reputation.

I recently ordered a $20 200 Lumen Akoray light with good reviews.

As far as the original post, it looks like a pretty good deal. Please keep us updated!

Look at the bottom of the page. They even have a remote switch for it, which is what I'd be interested in.

At $79 that's affordable enough to mount one on the shotgun and one on the AR. Both weapons for under $200 all inclusive.

I'm not looking for anything worthy of a tour in the mountains of Afghanistan. For what I'd need, it's worth trying out!

The only real question is how recoil sensitive is the LED diode assembly?

edit: Heck, I just noticed sale price: $55
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Definitely interested in a review when you get it... Could be a good deal for a HD shottie light...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Should be getting it in a few days. Ill unload some buckshot slugs and turkey loads and see holds up.

I have 2 surefire lights one a 120 and one a 200 lumens. They are great lights and second to none in quality.

But they are priced through the roof. Those 2 lights cost over 250 dollars together.

Ill give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmo View Post

$45

Got the light in. Mounted to my shotty.

Shotgun: Benelli Nova Tactical Turkey Gun 24 inch barrel with a 2 inch tube extension:

Dave's Metal Works Magazine Extension Tube Benelli M4 12 Gauge 2-Round Matte - MidwayUSA

I have the light mounted to my tube extension.

I grabbed the light and while connected to the gun and spun the whole gun around.

The light mounts very good!

Now the brightness of the light. It says 300 lumens. I think it has a wider beam then my E2D defender
    Surefire E2D LED Defender Flashlight - E2DL-BK

I cannot look directly into my surefire but I can on the lumaforce with some discomfort.

it still seems to be an all around good light for the buck.

I have shot some buckshot magnum turkey loads 3.5 and some slugs with no ill effect to the light or mount.

Where the light mounts in relation to my pump. It mounts really good. just have to reach my thumb out to switch the light on and off while keeping both hands on the shotgun.

Good light for the money!

Gander Mountain has a 2 cell (123) house brand light that claims to put out 220 lumens for $39.00. I bought one & like it, it has a 3 way click switch...high, low, SOS.

I am kind of a "flashlight freak" so I have several different brands & styles/sizes from Sure-fire to Fenix to cheapos just as a FYI.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Gander Mountain has a 2 cell (123) house brand light that claims to put out 220 lumens for $39.00. I bought one & like it, it has a 3 way click switch...high, low, SOS.

I am kind of a "flashlight freak" so I have several different brands & styles/sizes from Sure-fire to Fenix to cheapos just as a FYI.
    Do the Gander lights have the "momentary" ability? I'm planning on getting a Streamlight Polytac LED today, but if the Gander one can do that, I'll pick one up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links