Kydex flashlight carrier

This is a discussion on Kydex flashlight carrier within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for a vertical kydex pouch for my SureFire 6P. There are many on the market, such Comp-Tac, Blade-Tech, etc, which all ...

Thread: Kydex flashlight carrier

Kydex flashlight carrier

I have been looking for a vertical kydex pouch for my SureFire 6P. There are many on the market, such Comp-Tac, Blade-Tech, etc, which all look solid. However, none of them had all the attributes I wanted.
    What I was looking for was something very trim in profile, and no more material than necessary used to do its job. I also wanted kydex. Now I am a huge fan of leather, and use it almost exclusively for my guns, but for mag pouches and accessories, I like the simplicity and speed that kydex offers. Also, I was looking for a belt clip attachment.
    I liked the simple clip loop that Comp-Tac offers, but I didn't care for tension screws to the side, which adds to it's width and takes up more real estate on my belt. The same goes for many other kydex flashlight pouches. Some others, such as the one offered by SureFire, seems too bulky in that the belt tunnel loops is very thick, and it also is pretty long vertically, as it is made to fit belts of various widths. I just wanted something similar to what many fine leather holster makers offer, except in kydex, with a clip on belt loop. I feel that tension screws are not necessary on a flashlight carrier. Just make it fit so that it can be drawn very quickly, yet is just snug enough not to allow the light to fall out on its own. It's just a flashlight after all. Shouldn't be too hard to do right?

After much searching, I got a hold of Richard Schaefer of Custom Carry Concepts (Home Page). After telling him what I would like, he made this, which I received today...

Finish and overall quality is excellent. The fit is spot on too. The light almost "clicks" when you insert it in, yet it is super fast to draw from.

I don't have any firsthand experience with Rich's gun holsters, but thus far, his accessory products seem like a real winner, especially for the money.

2. Remove Ads

Very Nice.

Is he planning on making them a production item?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Pretty sweet. Small, lite and hopefully in-expensive. I might have to buy one for me if he goes production.

I recently bought the Comp-Tac light and extra mag holder. The one thing I wanted in a light holder was for the lens side to be in the carrier protected and unexposed to the elements. Not to mention when you grab it to pull it out it is in the ready to use position. I have since replaced the light with a smaller since this photo.

He didn't mention if it'll be a production item, but I don't see why not. And yeah, it's about $20. Cheaper than many other options out there.

Looks good, I really like the simple design.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Any updates on how well you like the carrier?? I'm looking for something to replace my worn out nylon one.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Nice looking holder for a flashlight. I just hate putting more stuff on my belt because I start to feel like a 'cop'.
    I have found that my SureFire easily goes in my back pocket and I hook it on my pocket edge...it stays and is easily retrieved.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've been carrying it on and off since I got it, and no complaints. Does exactly as designed, with minimal intrusion on my belt space.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Nice looking holder for a flashlight. I just hate putting more stuff on my belt because I start to feel like a 'cop'.
    +1

Goes against my undercover image.

Although this product is pretty cool and minimalistic. I'd almost be tempted to permanently secure the light to the holster and draw the entire holster + light as one piece....

Links