Where to buy a quality wallet? - Page 3

Where to buy a quality wallet?

This is a discussion on Where to buy a quality wallet? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by QKShooter The STEWART STAND woven micro-mesh Stainless Steel fabric wallets. They are usually priced about $90.00 though. One added advantage. They block ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Where to buy a quality wallet?

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The STEWART STAND woven micro-mesh Stainless Steel fabric wallets.
    They are usually priced about $90.00 though.
    One added advantage. They block out RFID credit card readers so nobody can steal your credit card info off of your cards while they are in your wallet. Not sure how huge of a threat that is but, it's good to know.

I don't have enough money in my beat up raggedy old leather wallet to buy one though.
    +1. Spend $90 to hold $10?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    I like thin wallets. I searched the net and finally bought one of these. I've had it for 2 years now. It holds all my cards, licenses etc. with no problem and stays very thin. ALL-ETT Billfolds
    +1 - the best

Quote Originally Posted by Martini13 View Post

I have a Tumi wallet I purchased for appx $100 over seven years ago, and it still looks almost new. When you pay a little more it costs less in the long run.

Very true.I have a Tumi wallet I bought at least 13 years ago,still looks brand new. I ended up giving it to a buddy several months ago when his old wallet fell apart. He's too cheap to buy a good wallet so the Tumi should last another 10 years. I have a few Fossil wallets that I rotate through every few months,and they have lasted years.

I make a wallet which I designed last year. It's pretty nice. I've sold quite a few. Everyone is pleased. It can be viewed at Bill's Custom Cases. Bill

Macy's

I always get them from some Wilson Place that sets up in the mall around Christmas. I haven't seen them this year though.

VIP Member
    I have had many wallets through the years, usually they last about 7-10 years for me. I get them at places like Foley's, Macy's, Dillards--- nothing fancy.

Changing them out after one has been well broken in is a pain. So, I don't change them out until a wallet is absolutely hopeless.

I have a "great" one, meaning it was manufactured in Italy, purchased there by my son as a gift to me, and likely cost him a lot of money. That sits in the draw and never gets used. It is just too much trouble to break a new one in.

What I look for is a convenient place that will securely hold DL, CHL, AAA card and Insurance card. Another compartment that will similarly hold a credit card or two securely. A third compartment for SAM's card, a debit card, and some stuff like medical insurance card. Note, no room for pictures. Dollars? Seldom carry more than a few bills anyway.

We guys need to get the essentials in one wallet, in one pocket. The ladies of course ---well who knows what goes in those pocket books, purses, whatever they call it.

Lately, I've been carrying some medical supplies in a "ladies" bag with several compartments. It is almost gender neutral, and I don't really care what people think I look like when I carry it. It could almost pass for a Fanny Pack, except it gets slung over the shoulder. But, that isn't where my Colt lives.

The big downside to that purse is that I tend to leave it places --- which is a good reason to not carry a gun in a fanny pack, purse or off the body.

One time I left my "purse" at the Martial Arts place where I do my thing. I thought I was going to get some kidding, but it turned out the owner was afraid to touch it because he thought I had a gun inside.

I picked up a "biker wallet" (leather trifold with chain and belt loop) at some rally about 10 years ago. I might have paid $20. Still going strong. I keep my credit cards in a "pleather" business card holder in a different pocket. On my second one of those in the same 10 year period.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Count me in with the Coach bunch. I've used their wallets for years and swear by them.

After all these years, I have decided that the Special Ops " The Wallett Jr. " is the best I have ever owned. I like it so much I ordered 3 more in case they quit making it. I have carries the same one for 3 years now and it still looks like new.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

I have been carrying a Samsonite tri fold full grain leather for 13 years. It is just now starting to show wear. And Yes, I carry it full of cards and a little cash. I figure another year and I'll buy a new one.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

VIP Member
    I prefer a minimalist design that only accommodates three cards on each side e.g. DL/CCW/Military on one side, and two bankcards & Insurance on the other. I carry my cash (when I have it) in my late father’s old silver-dollar money clip. This so-called wallet is something I found in Italy but it's a fairly common design here too. I think 'Fossil' is a good brand here in the States.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by meester View Post
    +1 - the best
    thanks for the link.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

I am going to check out Coach and Tumi. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    After all these years, I have decided that the Special Ops " The Wallett Jr. " is the best I have ever owned. I like it so much I ordered 3 more in case they quit making it. I have carries the same one for 3 years now and it still looks like new.
    Thanks for the tip. Just got one of these and love it, great wallet.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links