Where to buy a quality wallet? - Page 6

Where to buy a quality wallet?

This is a discussion on Where to buy a quality wallet? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; my wife bought me a coach a few years ago after complaining about the cheapies wearing out so fast. I go mad at first that ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Where to buy a quality wallet?

my wife bought me a coach a few years ago after complaining about the cheapies wearing out so fast. I go mad at first that she spent around 100 bux, but so far, its been worth it.
    Hopefully I wont need another wallet for a long time. Now if I could just get her to keep a purse long enough to wear it out before buying a another one.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Had a Louis Vuitton for quite a few years ... was extremely impressed with the quality of my wife's purse and wallet. I went with one of their all-black synthetic wallets - no way to tell it was an LV unless you looked at the stamping inside. Held up fantastically though it was a bit small, it only had 6 credit card slots and I don't like to put more than 1 card in a slot. I think I paid $425 or so for it.

Lost it about 4 months ago (the wife lost it actually) and went searching hard for a replacement. Wasn't happy with any of the current wallets from LV and didn't like anything at Coach. Ended up buying an inexpensive Tumi ($95 or so I think) to hold me over until I found the right wallet. On the way out of the mall we see the Mont Blanc store and stop in. Bam! Right there, out in the display case, is exactly what I'm looking for. Quality was top notch (it is Mont Blanc after all), was a Euro-sized wallet which is what I was looking for, and had 12 credit-card slots which I thought was more than enough but turned out to be perfect.

My only complaint with the wallet is that not all of the credit slots are cut/stitched to exactly the same depth. We're only talking about a sixteenth of an inch off or so, but it's enough that the anal-retentive side of my brain has a small aneurysm every now and again.

Final price came to $350. Returned the Tumi 15 minutes after buying it. The Mont Blanc is incredible ... stellar wallet.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

I'm with earthgoat. Ive had the special ops for years. Holds everything and wears very well.

I've had a Fossil wallet for about 6 years or so. Getting a little worn on the edges, otherwise, a great leather wallet. I recommend Fossil all-around. Love their watches.

I buy mine at Maceys. They never seem to wear out, but I usually buy a new one every 5 years or so.

I liked the last one so much that I bought 2 (Geoffrey Beene) Excellent quality for around $30 on sale

Quote Originally Posted by earlthegoat2 View Post
    I like the Spec Ops THE WALLET

It is nylon but it is bulletproof and carries everything without a huge bulge.

Products
    Another vote for The Wallet....I bought 2 extras in case they quit making them!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Best front pocket wallet (never carry in your back pocket...bad for back) was from Fossil. Still have it and the money clip is a bottle opener! Double win!!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Dunno if anyone has mentioned these: Perfect Fit, or Strong Leather wallets. They make models without a badge cut-out also I believe.. They last forever.
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Another vote for the Spec Ops wallet, I use the Jr. version.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post
    Another vote for the Spec Ops wallet, I use the Jr. version.
    ^^^^^^ what he said

This is the best wallet I have ever used. Going on 5yrs. You can get it at Kohl's
    http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/mens...ate+Wallet.jsp

VIP Member
    I use the Coach Water Buffalo Slim Card Case or whatever it was called 20 or so years ago when I purchsaed it. It carries all my non-cash wallet stuff, CCW/LCHP, DL, Credit Cards, Health Insurance card, Auto insurance cards, etc. Cash goes in a money clip. I have carried this wallet every day for the last 20 or so years and it is starting to show signs of wear, but I expect to get several more years of use out of it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

For about $70 you can get a genuine Bison Leather wallet from ORVIS.COM. Mine is several years old, use it every day and it now has a
    nice patina to it that is really cool----- and sometimes they are on sale ( I have an extra one!).
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

+1 on the Saddleback wallets. Had mine for a year and it's just now getting nicely broken in. Have to be patient while a new wallet from Saddleback gets broken in, but they have a 100 year guarantee. Also have one of their briefcases, which is a fantastic piece and should last the rest of my professional life.
    bigmacque likes this.

CaptHammer: Will have to check out that sight(BTW: What is it with your state legislators!!??).
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links