Defensive Carry banner

Nitecore D10 LED Flashlight Video Review

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Chooie 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been doing some flashlight shopping and think I have made my choice. Here is a video review I found on youtube when further researching the Nitecore D10...he makes some good points.

Pricepoint is about $50

YouTube - Best EDC Light Nitecore D10

#4 ·
Re: Nitecore D10

I received one for Christmas last year. It is a great light. For a single AA battey it is very bright and on low it has a very long run time. These 2 features have made it a great backpacking light for me. I did have an issue hiking in the Rockies this summer in the predawn hours . It was in the 20's and I had to play or jiggle the light to turn it on and then the beam flickered off and on for a while. I sent it back in and they returned it and could not find a problem. I could not duplicate this in the freezer again, so I chalk this up to a bad or weak battery. But I really do like this flashlight. Get one, you will probably love it as well. Best of luck! :smile:

#8 ·
Bought one, and really like it. It has worked extremely well. Get the clip !!!

#9 ·
I love my D10, it is my go-to travel light. I have the version with the Golden Dragon emitter, and I run it on Sanyo Eneloop batteries (one in the light, and one in a Tools Aviation spares carrier with three spare lithium AAs). I also carry a tiny USB charger for the AA cells. I have found that this is the easiest way to keep the light topped up, and, in a pinch, I can use the lithium cells (or if cold weather dictates), or even regular old AA alkalines.

#10 ·
I got the D10 about 3 months ago and I really like it. With some pants I can just slip it into the cargo pocket, but with jeans I can't find a good carry spot. I have been using a fabric knife sheath originally meant for a Kershaw Folder. Anyone know a source for a sheath (leather or Kydex) that will fit the D10 ?

#12 ·
Doesn't seem powerful for SD, maybe for reading under the covers it might work...what am I missing?

#13 ·
Retsupt,

The D10 is infinitely variable from 1% to 100% of its output - with 100% being a claimed 145 lumens (easily as bright or brighter than my Surefire E1B, listed as 80 "Surefire" lumens) with a fairly tight hotspot and reasonable throw. It is also very compact - almost too compact for SD use, but a great every day carry utility light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.