Timberland Tactical Boots...anyone?

This is a discussion on Timberland Tactical Boots...anyone? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience with these boots? I wasn't aware Timberland was in the tac boot biz, but these are listed in my new Sportsman's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timberland Tactical Boots...anyone?

Timberland Tactical Boots...anyone?

Anyone have any experience with these boots?

I wasn't aware Timberland was in the tac boot biz, but these are listed in my new Sportsman's Guide for $57 and I might jump at them.

2. Remove Ads

I am a Danner man.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I am a Danner man.
    thanks

I am a Danner man.
    +1...they may cost a little more but the Danners are soooo worth it. I saw those boots may be good or light duty. I doubt a company like Timberland would make junk though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

They might not be made by Timberland. They might be rebadged and imported by Timberland. I use Timberland hiking boots for ROPES course.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

They might not be made by Timberland. They might be rebadged and imported by Timberland.

good point.

I'm thinking for $57 it can't be a bad range boot.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts.

Interesting...I've never seen this. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out. Definitely post if you try them on or buy some. Looks like a good deal for $57 bucks.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

[QUOTE=something;1391711]Anyone have any experience with these boots?

I wasn't aware Timberland was in the tac boot biz, but these are listed in my new Sportsman's Guide for $57 and I might jump at them.]

Something: i keep looking at these and they got good reviews and all that. What I'm wondering is how come they're not on timberland.com's website. I'm thinking about buying a pair. Did you read the thing on sportsman's guide about the inside fitting of the boots? I'm wondering what's the deal there.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I've been wearing a Herman Survivor "Commander" boot at work the last couple weeks. I walk around 9 miles a night over varied terrain in below freezing (single digit) temperatures.

I can't speak for the wear on these boots because there only a few weeks old but I've had other Hermans last a long time.

I can say that my feet were warm and they didn't hurt when the night was over. My ankles were well supported and they had a good footbed.

price 40.00$ at Wal Mart

I used to sell steel toe boots on a "shoemobile" at industrial sites over all of Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Timberland was one of my largest sellers... never saw a boot like that made by them. If it really is a timberland for $57 it'd be a good buy
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

I am terrible with finding boots I am comfortable in!! Everyone keeps saying you have to let them break in. MULE FRITTERS!!!

Baseball glove yes, boots NO!! The last 2 yrs+ I have had to wear safety/steel toe boots at work. I wasted 175 bucks on a pair of Red Wings everyone said I should get. They kill my feet!! Tried Wolverines, Carolinas, Bates and sneaker steel toes.

Best boot I have found is the Converse 8674 tac boots, hands down!! Slipped them on and was like ahhhhhh. I hardly even bother with sneakers anymore!

Run about $80 at LA Police gear.

Converse Boots
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Oakley Tactical Boots

Oakley actually makes Tactical Boots for LEO, Military and Special Forces. You may see them in many of the photos of our troops in Afghanistan or Iraq. You have to be a Government, LEO or Military employee to purchase them at discounted rates.

They run about $100 - $130 if you qualify for the discount.

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/P...egory.cfm?id=2

I've not been impressed by the two pairs of Timberland boots I've owned. The Sportsman's Guide often has incredible deals on Danner footwear. I am impressed by the pair of Danner boots I own.

I've got a set of these (believe it or not, I picked them up at a local Ross-or one of those discount stores-for an even better deal than that several months ago. I couldn't resist.) They are not US made unfortunately.

Anyway, they seem to be well built. They are comfortable and supportive, and come with three diferent sized insoles so you can tailor the fit to your specific feet. They seem to be fairly warm, something I'm not sure is on purpose or not.

I have not had the (dis)pleasure of testing them in any truely wet conditions; as they don't state they don't have a waterproof membrane or anything but do have two very small vents to allow water to drain from, I doubt any real measure of "waterproofness" beyond limited exposure.

The traction is quite good over anything I've walked over, wet or dry. The colors seem to be a bit more subtle than the picture in my view.

Did I mention they are comfy?

Besides showing up where they did at such a good price unexpectedly, I decided to purchase them as I thought they would be good for moderate use for things like light/medium outside work, the occasional shooting class, general hiking, etc., and I really wanted a first exposure of the whole "boots that fit/feel more like sneakers" thing. (I would have doggone loved these when I was in Saudi/Kuwait waaaaay back when...or back stateside too for that matter, but these kinds of boots didn't really exist when I was in.) I knew I wasn't getting a high-end, made in the USA, gortex, last-you-a-lifetime, kind of boot here but I wasn't paying for that either.

To that end, they seem to suit those goals fairly well, though I probably wouldn't buy them again. YMMV.

C-

I believe that likely you won't get more than you pay for. I expect "bargain" products to fail. If you want quality these days, it seems like you have to search high and low, and then when you do find it, you have to pay through the nose for it. Just a little reality check for you. Have fun shopping, but remember, caveat emptor!
    Obligation of Carry by Nutnfancy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gIHDHZf1TA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links