Inexpensive Strobe Flashlight?

This is a discussion on Inexpensive Strobe Flashlight? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wanting a strobe for the nightstand, but not wanting to break the bank, maybe an inexpensive Christmas present, let me what you got!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Strobe Flashlight?

Inexpensive Strobe Flashlight?

Wanting a strobe for the nightstand, but not wanting to break the bank, maybe an inexpensive Christmas present, let me what you got!

2. Remove Ads

Thanks AC! Keep suggestions coming!

Fenix PD30 I carry one every day. Great light!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    For God, Family and Country!

Fenix TK12. around $70, 220 lumens, strobe, hi and low power and bulletproof.
    Rick

Gun owners' prayer:
    "Dear Lord; if I die please don't let my wife sell my gun collection...........for what I told her it was worth"

Sam's club has 2 pack of strobing flashlights for 30$

My EDC is an Olight T20 Tactical that has a great strobe. It also has memory, momentary switch, and tail-end forward clicky. It runs on 2 x CR123A's or one 18650. I've only used the 123's so I can't compare, but battery life is better than 1.25 hours on high, which is factory-rated at 220 lumens. The link I gave is just under $60 bucks. You can probably find them a little cheaper on eBay or wherever, but not by much I don't think, and the folks at that link have great service if that matters to ya.

I just bought a BoB flashlight for my wife which is actually a few lumens brighter than the Olight, though it's basically the same size, uses the same batteries (the 123's only) and is comparable in function. It's the ITP C10R, and it has one real cool feature in that it has a "constant variable" brightness control, meaning that it goes from full-bright (factory rated at 230 lumens) all the way down to 6 lumens in 1-lumen increments (or thereabouts). You can stop the adjustment anywhere in that range. That's very useful for preserving battery life.

For the record, I thought I was buying the C10R when I ordered it, but I wasn't paying attention and ordered the C10T (Tactical) instead. It doesn't have the strobe or SOS, but the R does. That works out fine for my wife so I'm not going to send it back for exchange, but just wanted to let you know that I can't compare the strobe on the ITP, though there are some very in-depth reviews that speak highly of them at CPF and other flashaholic sites.

One of the best features about the ITP is that it's almost half the price of the Olight. I've had the Olight for a couple of years now and use it some almost every day. I'm a truck driver and wear it on my belt in a sheath, but it still gets knocked around A LOT. It is built very well, and the ITP appears to be built just as well, though it just got here last week and obviously isn't time-tested the way the Olight is.

I'm a Harley-ridin', Freightliner-drivin' all-American boy, and I resisted buying the Olight because it is foreign, as is the ITP. But for the bucks, you can spend $100 bucks+ on a Surefire or Streamlight for literally less than half the lumens. And while technically-speaking, the high-dollar stuff may be better-built, you'll never wonder if you made the right choice when you blast an intruder with 220 lumens with a torch that what you paid for it would've only gotten you 80 - 100 lumens with the big-boys. There's lots of things I don't like about China and Taiwan, but their flashlights ain't one of 'em!

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have a Fenix LD20 and it strobes so brightly it will make you ill. 180 lumens. $54 w/ free shipping on Amazon. (2 AA batteries)

I have the Fenix Olight and PD 30. Both are great and painfully bright. The PD30 is larger, brighter, and has a strike bezel. They make one similar to the TK30 that has a strobe button, but it's about $150.

VIP Member
    Fenix!

M20 Warrior!
    Attached Images
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

LD 20 Fenix is superb!

Welcome to LumaForce Tactical!

I purchased two of these, gave one to my son for Christmas. 300 lumens, very bright, good battery life and upgradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post

I purchased two of these, gave one to my son for Christmas. 300 lumens, very bright, good battery life and upgradeable.
    Wow, that tactical rifle kit is an amazing deal! $55 with two mounting systems included, and with pressure switch and pistol grip mount!

The only thing I see on those lights that I don't like is that you have to buy a separate tail switch if you want momentary on. Not a huge deal to me considering the price, but I'd gladly pay a few bucks more to have it on some standard model. Still, some great deals at that site. Thanks for the link.

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post

Nice, that is what I'm talking about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links