Poll: For Users of Crimson Trace Lasers

This is a discussion on Poll: For Users of Crimson Trace Lasers within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lots of debate on the "laser" thread, so I thought about doing a poll. This is ONLY for folks who have actually bought, installed, zeroed, ...

View Poll Results: Which best describes your experience with Crimson Trace lasers?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

33 27.05%
  • B

84 68.85%
  • C

5 4.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: For Users of Crimson Trace Lasers

Lots of debate on the "laser" thread, so I thought about doing a poll.

This is ONLY for folks who have actually bought, installed, zeroed, and trained with a Crimson Trace brand of handgun laser (ie; either a Lasergrip or Laserguard model).

Given your experience, how would you rate the Crimson Trace lasers?

A. They are essential pieces of gear; I have or will have them on all my defensive handguns; and I would not purchase a defensive handgun for which there was no Crimson Trace laser available.

B. They are great pieces of gear to have; I have them on some of my defensive handguns; but they are not essential.

C. I tried them and they did not work for me; I removed them and reverted my handgun back to stock configuration.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I had to vote "A", with my middle aged eyes I can barely see the teeny sights on my Ruger LCP. The CTC laser guard is essential on this gun, for me anyways. My other ones have night sights and I can get along with those for awhile until I get Crimson Trace lasers for them later down the road.
    God bless our troops!

I have one on a S&W 637, but not essential...not even really a great piece of gear...more of a practice tool.
    It wouldn't really be used in a WW parking lot at night when one has 2 seconds to decide what to do.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I nearly voted "A" but in reality, I point nearly always. Shooting wouldn't be as much fun without them.
    I have a CT for my XD .45 Service, Elsie Pea and LCR. They are sighted in from 3 - 10 yards. They really help with QK training at home, and rapid target acquisition at the range.
    Rick

Gun owners' prayer:
    "Dear Lord; if I die please don't let my wife sell my gun collection...........for what I told her it was worth"

i killed this at 23y useing the laser only to sight

I voted "B". I have them on half of my carry guns and like them very much. Cash flow allowing they will eventually be on all of my carry guns. I don't think they are essential, but they are another tool in the box. I would rather have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.
    And of course after stripping the slide off the frame they make an AWSOME cat toy!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Ok, voted 'B'...
    Before I purchased the LG-305’s for one of my j-frames, I rented a provisioned 642 at the indoor range. I was surprised and impressed with their performance. I ordered a set from S&W. They were $20.00 less than from CT or my dealer. I wouldn't teach newcomers to handguns to rely of them, but I can't ignore their value for those of us with aging eyesight.

Product: Crimson Trace J/E Frame Round Butt Laser Grip

Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I voted "B". They are a great training aid for DRY FIRING. They will quickly show you what you are doing wrong with the trigger. I only have them on 1 of my J-Frame's.
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now able to do anything with nothing.

Hmmm...So far, of the folks who have actual experience with them, ~ 90% like 'em.

Keep the votes coming!

If you were on the fence about buying CT lasers, seems they are worth a try.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I have one on my S&W J-frame and really like it-the aging eye syndrome. Have used one on a Kimber and it was very good also. I'd have more on all my pistols but $$ makes me narrow down which one/ones to put CT on. I don't think I would consider one on the LCP-just due to its intended use. But overall, +1 on the CTs!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Talking

I voted "B" simply because the question was asked if I wouldn't buy a pistol w/o the CT grips as an option. If I like the gun I explore ALL the laser options available due to my firm belief that they are an essential tool in personal defense.
    Not that I completely depend on them - I DON'T - but if I've got an option available to me to "get-on-target" that much faster - I'll take it.
    The CT grips on my XD9sc have been a valuble asset, even through they cost almost 3/4 the $$$$ of the actual pistol itself. I've had them for over a yr now and practice with them & the XD's combat sites everytime I'm at the range.

NP!
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I voted for B over A only because I would buy a gun that CT has not made grips for (yet). They are very effective both for training and for shooting.

(B) I got a set of CTC lasergrips for my wife and her Glock sub-compact carry. Personally, I wouldn't have them on my carry pistol(s).

I've got one installed on a Glock 23. Like a few of the views here, it's a most wonderful training aid. I put mine on almost two years ago and it's held it 'center' great......I sighted it in at about 17 feet. I carry it plenty and it turns on every time I grip it. I like it a lot.

..........but on that note, I don't rely on it either. I think it'd be a great tool in some situations, but overall train to use your sights and mastering good point shooting. If you trust any laser too much you'll lose some ability (and time) when you (may) need it the most.

I've never seen an IDPA, or any compition shooter, with a laser. I know a whole grip of LEO's that have lasers but I'm not them......it does help them with what they do, but it might not be the best tool for what I (might) need.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    IDPA does not allow laser sights (or any type of red dots), I don't know about the other competition shooting sports.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links