Bad experience with Battery Junction

This is a discussion on Bad experience with Battery Junction within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ordered two items including the ThruNite XP-G R5 drop in upgrade for a SureFire G2Z. Upon receipt of my order the ThruNite upgrade was defective. ...

Thread: Bad experience with Battery Junction

Bad experience with Battery Junction

Ordered two items including the ThruNite XP-G R5 drop in upgrade for a SureFire G2Z. Upon receipt of my order the ThruNite upgrade was defective. I contacted the store and they informed me that I would incur the shipping costs to send the defective item back to them. Upon speaking with a manager I was told "That's our policy".

I am appalled that I'm expected to spend more money to return a defective product. Apparently it's my responsibility to make sure they send product that works the first time.

I won't be suggesting them or doing business with them or ThruNite again. I'll stick to doing business with companies that stand behind the products they sell. I'll be contacting ThruNite to let them know about this as well.

2. Remove Ads

jbs
    Gee, if they are making you pay shipping back to them, maybe you should just return the order for a refund and they will lose the sales income.
    If I need to oil a gun, I go to the beach.
    8040 Couger, P95
    1929 MN 91/30, 1927/28 MN Ex Dragoon, MN M44's, Lots of MN's
    Swiss LG1911 1915 and 1916
    Brazilian VZ-24 JC (2), Brazilian Model 1908
    Spanish M1916

Quote Originally Posted by jbs View Post
    Gee, if they are making you pay shipping back to them, maybe you should just return the order for a refund and they will lose the sales income.
    You should tell them that! Either pay for my return shipping, or I will return for refund. Unless their profit margin is less than the return shipping cost.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I would return the item and inform them that you are posting their poor sales/service actions on your forum site that is composed of 35,000 gun owners/members. Give them the site infor so that they can account for the drop in their sales.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Case in point; I will not even consider 'ThruNite' based solely on your thread, so bad news really does travel faster than good.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I've never done business with them, but they have lost me as a potential buyer. Sorry to hear about the poor customer service that you are getting, on top of a defective product. Live and learn...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Based on your post they have lost another potential customer (unless I see a post from you clearing the matter up). Thanks.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Weird. They have a really good reputation over at candlepowerforums.com.
    If handguns cause crime, mine are deffective - Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    hmmm, the ThruNite policy:

ThruNite-Guiding you through the night

1) 15 days free replacement: We will repair or replace any defective light within 15 days of purchase. If the problem requires a replacement, we will replace the light with the same model as the one sent in. If the model has been discontinued, the customer will receive a product with similar or improved performance.
    2) 12 months free repair. We offer free repair within 12 months of purchase if problems develop with normal use.
    3) Limited lifetime warranty. If problems develop after 12 months of the purchase date, we will charge for parts. The total repair fee will be assessed according to the cost of the replaced materials. If damage to the light is substantial, we will provide a quote for repair to the customer who can then decide whether or not to proceed with the repair.
    Shipping charges will be paid by the customer.
    4) Please contact our local distributors and dealers for details or directly contact us, We can be reached by: Sales@ThruNite.com
    One could make an argument that the "Shipping charges will be paid by the customer" is in section 3 of their policy and is not applicable to section 1.

The batteryjunction policy:

Customer Service

Returns

We do not pay for return shipping but will pay shipping on the replacement item for domestic orders...

Does BatteryJunction.com pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?
    No, BatteryJunction.com does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise. We are not responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacture the products we carry. However, if you pay to send the item back to BatteryJunction.com, we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge. BatteryJunction.com will employ every resource it has to ensure that your item is replaced promptly, without hassle.
    Your credit card may have some power to resolve this via their contract with the seller or they may have a warranty service that can help. The contracts regulate what the seller can and cannot do. Give them a call.

The shipping is probably less then $10 to get it done, but I would be ticked off!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

i don't know about gun related sites but pretty much everyone else i've delt with you pay return shipping. I've always had to pay to send my defective products to the manufacturer for repairs. sucks but so far thats all i've ever found

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    i don't know about gun related sites but pretty much everyone else i've delt with you pay return shipping. I've always had to pay to send my defective products to the manufacturer for repairs. sucks but so far thats all i've ever found
    This is true for just about every online business.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I would return the item and inform them that you are posting their poor sales/service actions on your forum site that is composed of 35,000 gun owners/members. Give them the site infor so that they can account for the drop in their sales.
    Actually saying "gun owners" is something many would take as a threat, even if it were not intended as such.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    That's too bad....I have always had good luck with Battery Junction. FYI...I prefer Lumens Factory LED dropins.....they work great!!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

SEMPER PARATUS

Wow. I have been doing business with them for over 5 years. Never had a problem, but of course I have never ordered any lights from them either. Just batteries.

I'd just drop the bulb in a padded envelope and mail it back. You are talking $2 maybe. Chump change in the grand scheme of things. I know it is the principle of the matter, but it was a low dollar purchase.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links