Pearce extension for my Glock 27

This is a discussion on Pearce extension for my Glock 27 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my PG-26XL extention for my Glock 27 in the mail and now I can't get that last round in. I know it ...

Thread: Pearce extension for my Glock 27

I just got my PG-26XL extention for my Glock 27 in the mail and now I can't get that last round in. I know it isn't suppose to alter capacity, but I can't get the 9th round in. Anyone else have this issue?

I should have ordered the PG-2733 instead, but didn't.

Is carrying a clip at full capacity bad for the spring?
    -Kel-Tec P3AT .380 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (summer carry)
    -Kahr PM9 9mm w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (new summer carry)
    -Glock 27 .40 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (winter carry)
    -Taurus PT945 .45 (more or less retired from carry)

I’m using it on my G26 9mm with no problems. Try removing it and re-installing. The spring may have just bunched up or something.

I installed PG-26XL pearce extensions on all 4 of my g27 mags - and haven't had any probs loading all 9 rounds into the mags. Try re-installing like tns0039 said.
    "They are ready for someone....but they're not ready for us!" Jonas Blane

"When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back." Herb Brooks

I've had the same problem myself...

Try loading the magazine at one less than full capacity.
    Use the Glock reloading tool to plunge the rounds in the magazine up & down a few times.
    Finally, jam that last one in!

It can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by JrFreak View Post
    I just got my PG-26XL extention for my Glock 27 in the mail and now I can't get that last round in. I know it isn't suppose to alter capacity, but I can't get the 9th round in. Anyone else have this issue?

I should have ordered the PG-2733 instead, but didn't.

Is carrying a clip at full capacity bad for the spring?
    I've actually never dealt with the +0 extensions on the sub-compact Glocks. I have the PG-2733 extensions for my G27 mags. First off, you should remember that most folks have a difficult time stoking the factory nine round magazines with the full nine rounds initially. Assuming you've installed the new mag base correctly and everything, it's more than likely your spring isn't seated correctly. With the magazine empty, push down on the follower, and smack the bottom of the mag with the other hand. If you hear a sound like the spring rearranging itself, then you've done good. Try and load the nine rounds. If you did not hear the spring in the empty mag, try and load three and try it again. Smack the bottom of the mag. Then do it with five loaded in the mag, etc...until you've got full capacity. I like to think in even amounts, but most of my Glock mags like the odds. Go figure. 9, 15, 17, 19, etc. Smack the sub compact mags at 3, 5, 7, and you'll be at full capacity in no time with the OEM base or aftermarket. I've never had any problems using the factory spring with the +1 extensions. The sub-compact Glocks seem to demand more attention in this area, and for good reason. Nine rounds capacity in the G27 magazine for it's size is pretty amazing.
    Carrying at full capacity for most pistol magazines has been discussed here many times, and it's a non-issue for the most part. Once in a while we can give kudos to the engineering department for doing a fine job.
    Magazine spring madness: 'creep' to your 'elastic limit' to un-earth the urban legend of 'spring-set' | American Handgunner | Find Articles at BNET

Links