Extra Clips VS Tactical Flashlight?

This is a discussion on Extra Clips VS Tactical Flashlight? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys, I am looking for some input...I normally carry 1 extra clip but no flashlight but took a intermediate tactics and shooting class a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra Clips VS Tactical Flashlight?

Extra Clips VS Tactical Flashlight?

Ok guys, I am looking for some input...I normally carry 1 extra clip but no flashlight but took a intermediate tactics and shooting class a couple of weeks ago, they taught us we should be carrying 2 extra clips, a flashlight and a folding knife. How much is enough?? I might as well wear a SWAT vest!! What are you guys carrying???

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by arffdog875 View Post
    Ok guys, I am looking for some input...I normally carry 1 extra clip but no flashlight but took a intermediate tactics and shooting class a couple of weeks ago, they taught us we should be carrying 2 extra clips, a flashlight and a folding knife. How much is enough?? I might as well wear a SWAT vest!! What are you guys carrying???
    I carry two magazines for my PT140 and a Kershaw Blur.

BTW, semi-auto pistols have magazines; a clip is used in an M1 Garand.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I am bad, I was working on my buddys M1 Garand mistake noted
    Thanks

My EDC is a G26 OWB strong side 3 o'clock w/2 xtra mags weak side 9 o'clock and Spyderco Endura weakside front pocket. I only carry a Tac Lite if necessary at night. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Carry what you feel is needed, if its just a single gun and thats it then learn to use that to its fullest. If you want to go fullbore and carry 2 mags flashlight defensive knife and BUG then do that, after a few years of getting told "You're doing it wrong" Im kinda in the point of Ill do my thing you do yours. So do what makes you comfortable.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I carry a gun,2 xtra mags and unless there is a power outage...crap I gotta start carrying a flashlight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I agree with TerriLi. I'm far from a tactical expert (on the ground, anyway ;), but I feel comfortable with what I carry. I've got my EDC and a folder that are always with me. At night, I sometimes slip my Olight Warrior in a cargo shorts or jacket pocket if I think I'll need it. I also might carry a spare mag in a cargo or jacket pocket, too, but that's about it. I've got a messenger bag that doubles as my diaper bag (two little ones), and that has 2 spare mags in it along with a first aid kit and some other odds and ends. Sometimes there's just too much to carry. Do what you feel comfortable with.

EDC, one mag, keys, phone, and usually chapstick.

Might add a light at night, Santa's bringing me a Fenix PD30.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I carry a folder a EDC, and one extra mag. and a flashlight. I carry extra mags in the door space on each side of my truck. If I cant fight my way back to my truck with 27 rounds I aint gonna make it. My heavy flashlight is a Surefire
    E1L. For suit and tie days it is a Streamlight Microstream, the size of a medical penlight. My folder clips to my pants pocket all of this is doable, in a suit and tie EVERYDAY by me. Its not impossible...you just have to plan a little before you load your pockets.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I carry two magazines for my PT140 and a Kershaw Blur.

BTW, semi-auto pistols have magazines; a clip is used in an M1 Garand.
    +1
    different type of firearm and knife though.

That is what we in the Army call a "geardo" kinda like weirdo. I mean really!!!
    primary carry. 2 mags, BUG, knife, flashlight, pepper spray, cell phone wallet, car keys I do have an old assault pack that I willl sell cheap if any geardo needs it

Did I forget any equipment

Handgun (P345 or S&W 637), 2 Mags (1 Speed Strip) , small maglite and Crkt Folder.
    To each his own, I usually carry all this stuff but not 100% of the time.
    Ruger P345, S&W 637
    SKS, Ruger 1022
    Two Fist

sgb
    1911, two spare mags and an assisted opener.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Bot Scout motto

I carry knives, even before, perhaps because we didn't have CCH, for work, pleasure and defense.
    I carry a Spyderco Worker 3-1/2 blade right front pocket, mostly with the idea it is my animal defense weapon. It is of course a one hand knife and if a dog attacked me I would guard with my left arm and cut the dog's throat with the knife. I have knives I carry for cutting boxes, drywall and scraping battery terminal, don't want to use that knife for cutting my food.
    Gun, carry a Colt Officer's ACP and always 4 spare magazines, maybe as many as 8 spares if it is winter and I'm wearing a coat with lots of pockets. In cool weather I'll have 6 mags, and a vest. Those mags are weights too to keep the 40 mph Kansas breeze from blowing my cover [pun intended, is it a pun?]
    Cellphone, keys, sometimes a multi-tool and if I'll be out late, a 7-C Maglight, or maybe just a MiniMag with 3 LED conversion.
    I'm way over equipped, been carrying 20,000 hours last three years and have never come close to needing 90% of the stuff. But then I haven't need the car insurance either.
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

At home, EDC...it's a spare mag, flashlight (either E2D or G2 LED), a folding knife, and a CELL PHONE. If I carry, I always have my cell phone.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links