Bug Out Bag. Here is One Guy's Set Up

This is a discussion on Bug Out Bag. Here is One Guy's Set Up within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Vehicle: • Spare Tire • Jumper Cables • Tow Strap • Ratchet Straps • Power Inverter • Spare Oil. Power Steering Fluid. Transmission Fluid. Brake ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bug Out Bag. Here is One Guy's Set Up

Vehicle:
    • Spare Tire
    • Jumper Cables
    • Tow Strap
    • Ratchet Straps
    • Power Inverter
    • Spare Oil. Power Steering Fluid. Transmission Fluid. Brake Fluid. Funnel.
    • USGI First Aid Kit

Front:
    Medical:
    • 500cc Normal Saline. Morgan Lens (for flushing eyes). 14ga catheter for chest decompression and Asherman Chest Seals. 18 ga catheter for IV access. Ampule of epinephrine and Benadryl with needle/syringe for anaphylaxis. Scalpel. Stapler (for open wounds). Sutures. Needle Driver, Scissors, Tweezers. Ring Cutter.
    • Emergency Trauma Dressings (Israeli Dressing). CAT (Combat Application Tourniquet). Coban. ACE Wrap. SAM Splint. 3” tape. Gloves. Cravats.
    Immediate Needs:
    • Compass, Signal Mirror, NC Map
    • 50 rounds .45 ACP ammunition
    • 1 liter water
    • Water Filter (bacteria, parasites, viruses) and Iodine tabs.

Back:
    Survival:
    • Knife (Strider Chuck Mawhinney Sniper), Dual grit stone, head lamp, Phantom Warrior Medic Flashlight (adjustable from barely visible to full flood illumination). SOG Multi Tool.
    • 550 para cord
    • Pro Mask
    • Heavy Weight Poncho with liner (woobie)
    • Twine
    • Whistle
    • Magnesium Fire Starter
    • Water “proof” matches
    • Survival Candles
    • 1 MRE
    • 1 pair of poly pros and 1 pair wool socks
    • Cold weather beanie
    AnejoNH and nechaev like this.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

One Word.....Prepared!!!! No Flashlight? I am sure you have a good LED flashlight and a years worth of batteries in there someplace
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Sorry, I forgot to list that. Yeah, a headlamp and a Phantom, with extra batteries for both.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDuba View Post
    Phantom Warrior Medic Flashlight (adjustable from barely visible to full flood illumination).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    No Flashlight? I am sure you have a good LED flashlight and a years worth of batteries in there someplace

Where are you going to go?
    The expressways will be jammed tight (gridlock)...extra gas?

I guess that BoB will get you home from the office if the SHTF, but why leave home?

I'm just sayin'...

Short of a nuke, bio, or chem strike, I'm hangin' at home.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I guess you're ready for your next FTX, but forgot your entrenching tool.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

It's a 72 hour bag. I guess you guys forgot a bug out bag means what you need to survive for 72 hours. This compact kit that I can easily throw on my back will get me from anywhere I go back to my house, where I can make a pretty hard stand against anything that comes my way. If I can't make it back to the house, at least I have about 3000 calories in the MRE, and 50 rounds of 45 to do what I need to do. Just like they say you never know when someone is going to "attack" you, and you need your gun, they also don't know when a disaster will happen, and you need you get your family the hell out of dodge. I experienced this in Hurricaine Katrina. I had to evacuate my 10 year old daughter out of there, I would have killed someone for a BOB.

see below

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Scuba,

Thanks for the pics. The bag looks good. It's better to have it than to not.

Everyone's BOB or GHB (get home bag) will look a little different, but it's nice to see your compact setup.

God is love (1 John 4:8)

Sorry, I reread my post and thought it was a little harsh. That's not what I intended. The post was intended for people that may be interested in this sort of thing, and to comment about what they would add or take away and why.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Looks pretty good. I am most impressed with how it is packed to grab and go. Mine could use some help in that respect. I worry about theft so I keep my stuff out of sight (packed around spare tire) so it would take me a few minutes to get it out if I had to ditch the car.

Think about some items for your wife/daughter. They carry kits of their own?
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDuba View Post
    Sorry, I reread my post and thought it was a little harsh. That's not what I intended. The post was intended for people that may be interested in this sort of thing, and to comment about what they would add or take away and why.
    Scuba,

What about a carbine (and ammo), shotgun, and/or other rifle (10/22)? My choice is a RRA Tactical Entry AR-15 (5.56), a Winchester 1300 (12 ga), and a Ruger 10/22 (in addition to my Glock 30/21 .45 ACP). I have seen all these recommended for either the B.O.B or prepositioned in a geocache.

Also 50 rounds of .45 IMO may be a little on the light side. When the SHTF would be better to have 100 and another 200 to match the carbine you might add.

Administrator
    I know where scuba learned his tricks just by looking at his bag; what is packed is almost as important as how its packed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY! ALL THE WAY! I have an exact replica of this bag in my wife's trunk. Remember, a bug out bag is supposed to serve you for 72 hours. If I can't get back to my house in 72 hours, something's bad wrong. I have my M1A, over a grand of ammo for it, and my shotgun with slugs and buck at the house. All my BOB serves is just like my pistols. It gets me back to where I have the real stuff.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I'm no medical expert but you have a lot of specialized items in your med kit. Mine isn't as advanced by a long shot. Some things like a turnicate would be fashioned from the para cord and dowls I have.

A first aid kit is what I have its enough to get cuts, scrapes, burns, gashes and pain under control. It has cleaning agents (alcohol) a suture kit and butterfly bandages for larger gashes.

Is my kit sufficient or should I upgrade?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links