Cabelas Customer Service.

Cabelas Customer Service.

This is a discussion on Cabelas Customer Service. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cabelas recently had a sale on the Centre of Mass safes that everyone on the forum speaks so highly of. I bought three and they ...

Thread: Cabelas Customer Service.

VIP Member

Thumbs up Cabelas Customer Service.

Cabelas recently had a sale on the Centre of Mass safes that everyone on the forum speaks so highly of. I bought three and they arrived today.

They were not keyed the same (I knew they wouldn't be) and only two had keys with them. I phoned Cabelas hoping they could send me a set of keys for the third unit. As the key code is on the lock I didn't think there would be an issue.

After speaking to a couple a couple of different people in their Customer Service department, I was told someone would get back to me. My office phone rang less than five minutes later, it was the distributor of the product. I gave him the key code and expected he would offer to send me a new set of keys.

Nope, they were sending me three new units all keyed alike! All they asked was that I send back the old units when the new ones arrive.

Small wonder I like doing business with Cabelas!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

+1 for Cabela's CS. I was at Cabela's yesterday and on my drive home I was thinking about the great attitude and customer service of their employees. That's what keeps me going back every couple of weeks even if I don't need to buy anything. That is how you run a succesful business with loyal followers.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

My cousin is the Wheeling, WV store manager. I'm continually impressed with their staff and will likely remain a lifelong customer...especially as long as I get the employee pricing!

I would also give kudos to COM. It's not every manufacturer who would send out new product before getting the faulty product back first.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    I would also give kudos to COM. It's not every manufacturer who would send out new product before getting the faulty product back first.
    Makes you wonder if this is a common problem, given they're assuming the customer is right.

When shopping for a product, Cabela's is my first choice.

Plus, it seems like everything I buy there is on sale.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Back in July I ordered some powder and primers from them. They were showing 5 weeks delivery. I had to pay the hazardous shipping charge and the product arrived in, 4 to date, separate shipments with no additional charge. Still waiting for the large pistol and rifle primers. The shipping in separate lots was a big bonus to me. I just wish they could fill the rest of the order.

Sponsored Links