Beltman Vs. CrossBreed Belt?

This is a discussion on Beltman Vs. CrossBreed Belt? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; _I bought the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe holster for my G26 and really like it a lot. The service was really good as well. I have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beltman Vs. CrossBreed Belt?

Beltman Vs. CrossBreed Belt?

_I bought the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe holster for my G26 and really like it a lot. The service was really good as well. I have read a lot f comments saying that wearing a good gun belt really makes a huge difference in comfort, etc. Well, I have heard nothing but good things about The BELTMAN belts, but have heard good commentary on the CROSSBREED belts being a good buy as well. The crossbreed belts don't seem to have as many stylish options as BELTMAN does, but I do not care about having the embossing and all that. Just want a very normal looking gun belt that works well.

_The price of the CROSSBREED belt seem to be a bit cheaper than the BELTMAN of similar design and I assume same quality. I was leaning toward the Crossbreed more because I have dealt with them for my holster, and figure the belts are likely designed to work well with the CB SuperTuck holster I own.

Can you guys help me out on this decision?
    Don't Knock The HU$TLE! When all else fails, I have a HU$TLER's Ambition! When the economy goes to crap, I will maintain and u wont! The hunger I have to survive, and your inability to handle the struggles we have ahead is what seperates you & I!

2. Remove Ads

I have the Crossbreed belt and my buddy has a Beltman.

The Beltman's bullhide is more stiff which would be better carrying OWB than the Crossbreed belt.

The Crossbreed Supertuck IMO doesn't need a real stiff belt unless your carrying a real heavy pistol.

I like the Crossbreed and it's not fancy but It still looks pretty nice IMO

Last edited by TheShadow; December 14th, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added pic
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I have the Crossbreed belt and my buddy has a Beltman.

The Beltman's bullhide is more stiff which would be better carrying OWB than the Crossbreed belt.

The Crossbreed Supertuck IMO doesn't need a real stiff belt unless your carrying a real heavy pistol.
    Well, I guess as far as the stiffness goes, does'nt that also determine how long the belt will last you a well? I guess I kinda wonder also what is the difference in lifespan on a Crossbreed belt vs. BELTMAN? Take into consideration that I will be using it everyday as my belt even when not carrying concealed. Also that the weapon I will be carring is a G26(not very heavy).

Is the difference in price worth it? Or would I be fine with the CROSSBREED belt?
    Don't Knock The HU$TLE! When all else fails, I have a HU$TLER's Ambition! When the economy goes to crap, I will maintain and u wont! The hunger I have to survive, and your inability to handle the struggles we have ahead is what seperates you & I!

Quote Originally Posted by HUSTLEnomics View Post
    Is the difference in price worth it? Or would I be fine with the CROSSBREED belt?
    I picked my Crossbreed belt off Mark's blem sale for $40 shipping included.

Could have bought two Crossbreeds and a six pack for the cost of one Beltman...

No complaints whatsoever

The Beltman is a better belt... how much better... I can't say!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

P.M. sent Hustle

Thanks!

In my experience, my horsehide Beltman was not comfortable for me with IWB carry. I felt much more comfortable with a simple leather belt. I'm sure the Beltman would be much better suited to OWB carry.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...questions.html

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I have the crossbreed belt and I like it a lot. It is solid and attractive. It's fairly new, so I can't comment on it's longevity, but I expect it to be a long-term player.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Thanks for the link Tokerblue!

I would hate to pay 70-80 bucks for a new gun belt and find out that it is not necessary as much for my carry needs(G26, IWB @ 4:30 to 5 o'clock). I'm 6'00" 280+ pounds and I need a decent belt anyway.

_If the BELTMAN belts are a bit more than I need for IWB carry then I guess the CROSSBREED Belt may be the one I should go with since it is not a stiff and a bit less costly because of it. If I dont need the extra stiffness, then why pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by HUSTLEnomics View Post
    Thanks for the link Tokerblue!

I would hate to pay 70-80 bucks for a new gun belt and find out that it is not necessary as much for my carry needs(G26, IWB @ 4:30 to 5 o'clock). I'm 6'00" 280+ pounds and I need a decent belt anyway.

_If the BELTMAN belts are a bit more than I need for IWB carry then I guess the CROSSBREED Belt may be the one I should go with since it is not a stiff and a bit less costly because of it. If I dont need the extra stiffness, then why pay for it?
    What may be stiff to start with will ease in time. I swear by thebeltman.net products. I've had mine for years and they still work as good as they did day one. They look as good too. No cracks, frays, broken threads, or scuffs. I'd rather pay a bit more up front and know I won't have any problems for years. Crossbreed may be fine but he doesn't have the track record that beltman does.

BTW I'm 6'2" and floating around the 275 area. I'm not easy on belts.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    What may be stiff to start with will ease in time. I swear by thebeltman.net products. I've had mine for years and they still work as good as they did day one. They look as good too. No cracks, frays, broken threads, or scuffs. I'd rather pay a bit more up front and know I won't have any problems for years. Crossbreed may be fine but he doesn't have the track record that beltman does.
    - I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy a Sharkskin belt as I think that is a much nicer material. I also should have went with a 1.25" belt instead of a 1.50" tapered belt. I've worn the Beltman as an everyday belt and I love it. I still don't like it with my Minituck though. I like how my regular leather belt wraps around the contour of my Kahr PM9. It also helps that it is such a light gun.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    BTW I'm 6'2" and floating around the 275 area. I'm not easy on belts.
    - LOL. I'm on the other end of the spectrum at 5'1" and 135lbs. So I mostly wear a belt for cosmetic reasons and just a little support.

Several of you rave about the beltman products. I don think I am in the dark on if BELTMAN is a great product. I just am unclear on if it is what I really need? My weapon that I will be using the chosen belt to carry is not a full size gun(Glock 26 Sub-compact). I also do not ever plan to OWB carry. I have read that some of you feel a BELTMAN belt really is worth its weight in gold when carrying in that manner. If I dont plan to use it that way, then is it really worth the premium price for ME?

_I guess, its like if you are a Varsity Football Player or Pro, and you buy that Under Armour & high performance gear to wear when playing the sport. Those guys play football at a high level, and play/practice the sport 5+ days a week so they may actually need this gear. A kid who plays football every now & again on the weekends really does not need to buy all the high performance gear just for this purpose. You wont get the most out of the product for the price you paid.

_I can afford the BELTMAN Belts! I get that the BELTMAN belts are a better, more proven product. I just don't know if its what I need for my purpose. Some of you have said that when carrying lighter weapons IWB (similar to my G26)a regular 1.5'' belt would be suffice, just maybe not last as long. If this is true, then buying a BELTMAN or CROSSBREED belt give me more than I actually need. Both brands would be a HUGE improvement over the belt I currently use(totally worn out). Neither will wear out as quickly as a regular belt. And since my lighter weapon wont challenge the belts stiffness as much I'd likely get plenty of years of service out of either brand.

All that said, will the likely 30-40 dollar difference in price between the 2 brands be worth paying if I may never get the benefits of the strength of the BELTMAN due to my preferred carry method/firearm?

VIP Member
    The difference is not just in the stiffness. The question is one of longevity. Will the CrossBreed last as long as the Beltman? I honestly don't know. I do know that there are members of this forum that have been using the same Beltman belt for many, many years without complaint. I don't know that CrossBreed has the same track record.

Do you want to pay $80 - $100 once or $40 - $50 two or three times over? From my experience with CrossBreed holsters I am fairly sure that their belts will be of at least adequate quality, but I KNOW my Beltman will stand up to time and wear.

I say if you are having trouble making your decision, shell out for the CrossBreed and see for your self. Sometimes the only way to learn the truth is to experiment.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    The difference is not just in the stiffness. The question is one of longevity. Will the CrossBreed last as long as the Beltman? I honestly don't know. I do know that there are members of this forum that have been using the same Beltman belt for many, many years without complaint. I don't know that CrossBreed has the same track record.
    Good luck.
    I guess I assumed that the stiffness is what gives the belt such longevity! The stiffer, the less likely it is to buckle under the weight of the weapon over the years. Am I not right on this?

BTW the price difference is really something like $74.50 for the Crossbreed(then add shipping)vs $89.95 for the BELTMAN without shipping included when you add in the extra dollars for the bigger sizes. So like $15 dollars difference after really doing the math. I guess at this point it seems that paying $15 extra for a proven product that has the reputation for superiority is fair.
    Last edited by HUSTLEnomics; December 15th, 2009 at 10:41 AM.

VIP Member
    I have a Supertuck, and a CrossBreed belt, great combo. The belt looks nice and is functional. The CS from CrossBreed is phenomenal! What more could you ask for?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links