Attention WALTHER PPS owners...

This is a discussion on Attention WALTHER PPS owners... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A source of super high quality precision machined Guide Rods for the PPS is Big Taco. He and his products are very well known on ...

Thread: Attention WALTHER PPS owners...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Attention WALTHER PPS owners...

A source of super high quality precision machined Guide Rods for the PPS is Big Taco. He and his products are very well known on Steyr Club for the innovative improvements and enhancements he has brought to the Steyr pistol platform, as well as Glock and S&W. His products are truly first-rate in both engineering and finish quality. In addition to being a very nice guy, Big Taco has been very responsive to the questions and suggestions of his customers. I believe it was me who asked him to make a PPS guide rod and now I am typing this to let you all know that shortly, the Big Taco PPS Guide Rod will be available for sale. As soon as my unit arrives I will install and take detailed photos and post my impressions.

The rods he made for my Steyr M9-A1's made an already smooth functioning pistol feel like it was taken to the next level of smoothness. After installation racking the slide was like rubbing two pieces of silk together. I am very confident the same will hold true for the Walther PPS. Give him a call or send an email if you have any questions. Tell him Todd (Siafu) from DC sent you.

BTGuiderods Walther

2. Remove Ads

I should have the working prototype in the next couple of days. i will post photos and impressions. I expect it to be a great addition to an already great gun.

Thank you for the post!

What does it do?
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    What does it do?
    It replaces the factory stamped rod with a precision machined one. I will be getting the prototype in a day or two for testing and evaluation. A review and photo set will follow shortly.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    It replaces the factory stamped rod with a precision machined one. I will be getting the prototype in a day or two for testing and evaluation. A review and photo set will follow shortly.
    If the recoil spring is captured, I would be interested in having a look.

GundAndSupply.com Home
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    If the recoil spring is captured, I would be interested in having a look.

GundAndSupply.com Home
    I will be getting my prototype in a couple days. I will post photos and impressions. Yes, the spring is captured. You will be impressed.

Look here to see what I mean.

BTGuiderods Walther

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    I will be getting my prototype in a couple days. I will post photos and impressions. Yes, the spring is captured. You will be impressed.

Look here to see what I mean.

BTGuiderods Walther
    I will look forward to further communicaton with you. The walther PPS needs this design as does the P22. Price per unit may be a problem.

gunsandsupply.com Home

888-745-2080
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I'm looking forward to this as well. I love my PPS, but making it even smoother would always be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelKangaroo View Post
    I'm looking forward to this as well. I love my PPS, but making it even smoother would always be a plus.
    I just got my prototype in the mail today from Big Taco. It is a finely machined component and manufactured to aerospace tolerances. He put a "HIGH" polish on the end that shows and I think it looks great! I have Church tonight and family time tomorrow but I will take some photos and post my impressions ASAP. Stay tuned!

Is there something wrong with the stock unit? I have not hear anything. If there is, I would like to change.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Have you posted the pictures?

Sorry it's taken me so long to post my impressions of the BT Guide Rod for Walther PPS but I was studying for the Bar Exam and I simply did not have one spare minute in the last 90 days to do anything but prepare for the test.

Well, I will say this; Big Taco has produced a wonderfully robust and reliable part. His replacement guide rod does not suffer from the "bellying" of the OEM part. The unit he shipped me was given a high polish mirrored finish and it looks as great as it works. I have since put about 500 rounds down the pipe with nary a hiccup. The BT rod seems to make an already silky pistol feel even silkier. I really like the look of the polished end as it contrasts nicely with the black slide. The tolerances are excellent and there as been no binding or any malfunction of the PPS of any kind with the BT rod installed. I think anyone looking for a replacement guide rod for their PPS or Glock or Steyr should give him a call or an email and upgrade to this outstanding product. Thanks, and sorry for my delay. Tell him Todd his beta-tester sent you. ;)

BTGuiderods

Links