A problem but funny

A problem but funny

This is a discussion on A problem but funny within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a LED flashlight and payed $58.00 good light and very bright for as small as it is. Put it in my pants pocket ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A problem but funny

I bought a LED flashlight and payed $58.00 good light and very bright for as small as it is. Put it in my pants pocket then I dropped some change in my pocket yesterday. Got home took the light out and a quarter fell through and wedged over the lens. Fits perfectly over the light lens the only problem I have is I can not get it out. Tried everything. Ticked me off but my wife got a good laugh out of it. As long as she is happy.

try hot gluing something to the quarter so you can pull it off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I was going to suggest solder. Hot glue or super glue is a better idea...
    Due to it's content the posting above should not have been read by anyone.

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
    --[William Ralph Inge(1860-1954)]

VIP Member
    That is funny....try the above, or use some chewing gum and a paper clip, you know, like macgyver would, lol!

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    WD-40 a little around the edge, then duct tape over the coin and pull. Super glue might make the problem worse, I would use superglue or such as a last resort.
    "From someone thats been there"
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    scratch the quarter in the middle with a pin or pocket knife to make hash marks then lay a string across and put a small dot of gorilla glue in the middle on top of the hash marks.

Let dry completely and gently pull the quarter off.

to protect the edges from glue you can smear petrolium jelly or put tape on.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Use a bigger hammer
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

cj
    Crum. Need to check that on the light I just got. Hope you get it worked out!

At least you don't have to worry about changing your batteries anymore..."Introducing the new Ronco paperweight, only $58.00"

Unbelievable. Hope you get it figured out...that would be driving me crazy. Let us know what happens.

Try a dab of 2 part epoxy JB Weld in the center with a long bolt attached head down. Let it set up good a couple of days and thread a nut on the bold and pull it off with vice grips. That stuff is like steel and it won't run to the edge like glue....it's thick.
    Last edited by BugDude; December 23rd, 2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: added the JB Weld idea
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

That happened to me on a surefire. Drove me up the wall. I suggest making a loop of duct tape or using another adhesive. A real strong adhesive you might have in your house is those felt strips that are used to protect hardwood floors from chairs.

That's a new one!

Sorry...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Gluing and pulling may work. Epoxy would be best. Clean the quarter and the thing you glue it to very well before gluing.

What you really need is an inertia quarter puller. Just like a bullet puller. You mount the flashlight in a hole drilled in a large block of wood. Leave extra space in front of the lens and bang it against a hard surface! Bam, no more problem. Take the batteries out before banging...

Now how do you prevent this in the future?
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    At least you don't have to worry about changing your batteries anymore..."Introducing the new Ronco paperweight, only $58.00"

You crack me up.

Biker

Alright. My solution would be to heat the flashlight in hot water to expand the aluminium and let the quater fall out. Aluminium (flashlight)has a higher coefficient of expansion then steel and copper(Quarter)
    Let us know how you get it out.
    Draw once, Fire twice!

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Somebody here has a signature line that sez something like, "There are few problems in life that can not be solved through the proper application of high explosives..."

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links