Stack On safes

This is a discussion on Stack On safes within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I am going to be buying a Stack On Elite series safe tomorrow. It is a 24 gun model with a dial combo lock. ...

Thread: Stack On safes

Stack On safes

OK, I am going to be buying a Stack On Elite series safe tomorrow. It is a 24 gun model with a dial combo lock. 3 dead bolts and 5 sliding bolts to lock it. 30 minute fire rating up to 1400 degrees.

I know Stack On is not the top of the line but it is what I can afford right now and it is a damn sight better than what I currently have which is a locking metal gun cabinet.

Here is a link to the model I am purchasing.
    Stack-On | Elite Fire Resistant Safes

If anyone has or had one of these I would like to hear any reviews you can provide. It won't change the fact that I am getting it but I'd still like to hear what you have to say.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

An upgrade is always a good thing....
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Looks good to me...
    You'll enjoy having a safe when you have to leave valuables at home.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have the Stack-On Total Defense 28 gun safe. I too went with the mechanical dial lock. It wors great and looks great too. And like retsupt says, it is a good feeling knowing your guns are locked up when you are not home. I think it shows good civic responsibility. Sure, it is possible to spend LOTS more on a safe but all safes are peel-able. Most home break ins are snatch & grab anyway. Leave a honey pot out for the crooks. I leave an expensive digital camera (broken but doesn't look it) and some pricey looking gadgets I picked up at the flea market that don't work laying on the table by the door when I am away for the weekend and my dogs are staying with my girlfriend. I figure I will give them an arm full of crap to carry off.

I have that exact one. I'm not very knowledgable about safes, but this does what I need. The combination dial isn't as tight as, lets say a Masterlock, but it works well enough.

Got the new safe- UPDATE

It is here. My sons and I just moved it into the house.

This safe weighs 492 pounds (feels more like over 500 to me) and it was a bear getting it out of the Jeep Cherokee (yes, you read that right) and then into the house on an appliance hand truck. I had originally envisioned moving this thing upstairs to the master bedroom (15 steps up to the second floor) but after the struggle to just get this thing into the house up the one step from the garage, I had to ditch that plan. It will live on the first floor. We may not be living in this house much longer anyway. The lease is up in September and we are looking to move to a house where the Master bedroom is on the first floor.

I will take some pictures when it is completely un-boxed and sitting where it will be for good. It is going to be a pain to have to take the AR and the shotgun out every night and carry them up to the bedroom but, it has to be done.

Updates to follow.....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Congratulations on the purchase. It's the same size as my 22-year old Ft. Knox. Be sure to bolt it to either the floor joists or the wall studs - or both. That makes it nigh unto impossible for thieves to move.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Links