Comfortable Boots

Comfortable Boots

This is a discussion on Comfortable Boots within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hate wearing boots! Never found any that I though was comfortable. I wear sneakers year round. Anyone suggest a pair a boots that might ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfortable Boots

Comfortable Boots

I hate wearing boots! Never found any that I though was comfortable. I wear sneakers year round.

Anyone suggest a pair a boots that might work for me. I don't care about price, only care about comfort.

I have a Gould & Goodrich Bootlock Ankle Hoster for a G26 and the thing is the bomb. You don't even know you have a gun on your ankle.

merrel makes very comfortable boots. I just bought a pair of vasque wasatch boots and they are awesome. A little warm but thats fine for winter... water proof gortex too.

Merrel, Keen, and Danners.- George

For any pair of boots I own, Gore-Tex is a must. I just got a pair of Cabela's Perfekt Hunter boots for Christmas. They are insulated with 400 grams of thinsulate. They are probably the most comfortable boots I have ever tried but initially they require a break in period. They also have a hiker model.

I also like Asolo's 520. Great hiking boot with no insulation. I've had 3 pairs of these. Both of these boots will run over $200 but well worth it.

I'm on my third pair of L.L. Bean Mountain Boots. They're a lightweight hiking boot that are really comfortable all year around. And I have lots of problems with my feet.

Thumbs up

The most comfortable for me are the brand maker named GEORGIA.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

I mostly wear Danner, Redwings and Tony Llama. For real boots, Whites.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Senior Moderator
    Anyone suggest a pair a boots that might work for me. I don't care about price, only care about comfort.
    When are you going to wear the boots, and what tasks do you intend to perform in said boots. Are they to be recreational, work related, or general wear?

The above info would help us recommend a boot - boots are similar to any tool, and one size does not fit all.

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    When are you going to wear the boots, and what tasks do you intend to perform in said boots. Are they to be recreational, work related, or general wear?

The above info would help us recommend a boot - boots are similar to any tool, and one size does not fit all.
    General every day wear.

I'm in Florida, so insulation isn't required.

I wear Merrel sneakers. Hands down the most comfortable sneakers I have ever found!

I checked out everything that was recommended and I think I will try a pair of Danners.

As a Marine, I take my footwear very seriously. We are somewhat limited in our choices, as they have to meet a very stringent guideline, but I can say that the best boots I've ever put on my feet are the Bates Durashock sole combat boots. I bought my first pair (black, tropical) when I was a DOD contractor and then wore them as a cop. 12-18 hour days walking patrols and never got foot fatigue. I figured, it's the Navy Seals issue boot, it must be good. It is. You can expect a good 3-5 years of hard use before you see too much wear on the soles.

The Marine Corps now has the same boot in the desert colored suede. Fantastic. For something with a little more aggressive tread (for out in the woods or rough trails) go with the Wolverine model.

Look around a bit. Retail is usually in the $100-150 range, but you can find them NIB at surplus stores for half that.

Navy Seal boot
    Footwear | 8" Tropical SEALS DuraShocks® Boot

Marine Corps Lightweight "Garrison" Boot
    Footwear | USMC Lightweight DuraShocks® Boot

Bates "Wolverine" Combat Boot
    Footwear | 8" DuraShocks® Desert Boot

If money REALLY isn't an issue, for the newest technology, you might try out the Bates Tora Bora. This is a true expeditionary boot, rated for wear in both alpine and desert environments. It's the newest issue for our special operators in Afghanistan. Supposedly impervious to the roughest imaginable use. I've heard good things from some guys.
    Footwear | Tora Bora Alpine Boot

Happy hunting!

Semper Fi
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

I live in Florida as well. Recently purchased a pair of Frye 8" harness boots and wear them everywhere, they are great for daily wear. They broke in in just a couple of days. Got them through Zappo's, great service, I think they shipped within an hour or two of my order.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I like Vasque

Mic
    Justin make the best boot hands down, but if your looking for a military type boot it all depends on your needs and conditions. Look at Danner for cold weather boots, Georgia boots are great all year round, but in the end you have to try em on and hope you got the right one.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Senior Moderator
    I prefer Ariat, my only experience with Ariat is Western, Cowboy and Riding styles.

The Bates look fantastic for general wear, climbing, hiking and hunting, but I've never worn a pair, just going by HardCorps79.

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I prefer Ariat, my only experience with Ariat is Western, Cowboy and Riding styles.
    My EDSK boots are the Ariat sierra saddle. Absolutely the best western work boot money can buy IMO. I flinched a little at dropping that much, but have no regrets now. Worth every penny.
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links