Issues installing red dot sight.......any suggestions? Pics included

This is a discussion on Issues installing red dot sight.......any suggestions? Pics included within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received my Vortex Strikefire red dot sight. The problem is that I have a RRA AR-15 with the tactical carry handle. This set ...

Thread: Issues installing red dot sight.......any suggestions? Pics included

I just received my Vortex Strikefire red dot sight. The problem is that I have a RRA AR-15 with the tactical carry handle. This set up would be GREAT except for the fact that the Vortex comes with a screw on 2X doubler. The scope mounts great atop the tactical handle, and co-witnesses with the stock sites perfectly.....but there is not enough room to screw on the doubler because of the rear sight design. Bummer... is there any option besides having to take the carry handle off......buy a high mount ring....and a whole new rear pop up sight? I guess if I had to then I would get a cantilever mount, and a rear pop up sight.....any suggestions on the cheapest place to get those 2?

I have included some pics, thanks for your help

"Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Yeah, looks like you're pretty much stuck. If you really want to mount the magnifier, you need more rail space.

You could buy a cantilever high mount, ditch the low profile handle you have now, and put a fixed or flip-up BUIS on the back. Make sure you don't cheap out on either one, though.

If it were me, I'd be asking myself how much I really want that doubler. 2X magnification isn't really all that much, and it would be a shame to go buy all these extra parts and then find out it doesn't really improve your shooting significantly.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    the rear iron sight isn't going to do crap if you have that mounted on there. I never have optics and carry handles at the same time. IMO the handle below the optic its not very good. Just get a flat rail extension piece. It will elevate your optic and still keep it rigid and will allow an iron sight to be mounted if desired.

like this

Sponsored Links