Nemesis Pocket Holster........Help.

This is a discussion on Nemesis Pocket Holster........Help. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Nemesis pocket holster for my Guardian .380. Been having a problem with slippage. The holster doesn't really want to stay in my ...

Thread: Nemesis Pocket Holster........Help.

I have a Nemesis pocket holster for my Guardian .380. Been having a problem with slippage. The holster doesn't really want to stay in my jean's pocket very well when the gun is drawn......

Was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions for making the holster exterior more tacky or clingy to the pocket interior without ruining a pair of jeans...........

Thanks

I understand your problem. I believe the company has a new style, the super fly or something that is tacky and suppose to correct that issue. What you can try is when you draw, place your thumb on the top portion near the gun's hammer. Push downward with your thumb at the same time you are removing your gun. It takes practice time.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Some find it necessary to press the holster either in toward you or forward in the pocket to effect the draw. I happen to rely on pressing forward. Give em a try. Once I settled on pressing forward, it became second nature in short order.
    God, country, family.

You can take some of the stuff they line cabinets with and have it sewn around the outside of the holster. Any shoemaker can do this.- Geogre

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    I have a Nemesis pocket holster for my Guardian .380. Been having a problem with slippage. The holster doesn't really want to stay in my jean's pocket very well when the gun is drawn......

Was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions for making the holster exterior more tacky or clingy to the pocket interior without ruining a pair of jeans...........

Thanks
    What do you consider ruining the jeans?

You could sew up your jean pocket so that the holster fits snugger and grabs. You would lose some space in the pocket, but it wouldn't come out when you draw.

What are the dimensions of the holster? I have the nemesis and superfly for my LCR and they never come out of my pocket when I draw.

Try wrapping a wide rubber band around the outside of the holster (perhaps a double loop). The rubber tournaqets they use in hospitals when drawing blood would work well too (wrap it around once or twice and tie a knot on the side closer to you). This would provide enough resistance to keep it from coming out and wouldn't require any permanent alterations to the holster or your pants.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Try cleaning it with a wet rag. With tacky stuff like that, sometimes it gets linty and dirty and that makes it less tacky. If its old, then consider getting a new one.

If its new, then yea try the SuperFly or another pocket holster.

OK, so you made a mistake with your pocket holster...

Here's one that CANNOT slip...guarenteed!
    Untitled Document I'm just sayin...

I have several of them for various guns...simply the best hidden secret in pocket holsters.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You could also make your own superfly by wrapping friction tape around it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    You can take some of the stuff they line cabinets with and have it sewn around the outside of the holster.
    You can also attach it with fabric glue, or if your wife has a hot glue gun, that'll work best...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Links