Ashley Big Dot sights - Page 2

Ashley Big Dot sights

This is a discussion on Ashley Big Dot sights within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the Big Dot on the "beast", my Smith 340SC. I really like it. Sight acquisition is fast. John...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashley Big Dot sights

I have the Big Dot on the "beast", my Smith 340SC. I really like it. Sight acquisition is fast.

John

the wife and i have the tritium big dots on our 649's in addition to ct laser grips. that big dot is easier for these old eyes to find and makes it easier to find the gun in the dark,lol.

Shoot IDPA with them

I have a Kahr PM9 and shoot IDPA with it and carry it constantly...the XS Big Dots are great in all light levels...real important for CCW and also for IDPA since we shoot low-light and no-light senarios. If you have the chance to shoot low-light and no-light you will have your order in pretty quick!

I am getting a pair for my Ruger P97 soon...they afford very quick sight aquisition and are great for middle age eyes like mine. BTW, I use the standard rear sight bar on my PM9 and the big Dot up front. I much prefer the bar-dot combo over the 3-dot sights.

XS' and Middlebrook's Pro Sights rear element is a shallow V for faster sight picture acquisition. Does anyone else make a V rear sight for a Glock?
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

Exclamation P245 Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by oldgunteacher
    I have an opportunity to buy a new Sig P245, with Ashley Big Dot sights, for a good price. Has anyone heard of the Ashley Big Dot sights? Does anyone have any personal experience with them? I know Sig is discontinuing the P245, but it fits my hand well.
    Get the Sig P245! Even if it has NO sights. You won't find a more comfortable 45 to carry anywhere. I put Ashleys on my wife's Commander 45 and she seems to like them, but when I use the gun at the range, I find my groups aren't as tight. I know, it's a quick draw thing, faster sight acquisition, yada yada yada....I still like the old meprolight or trijicon 3 dot thing, with yellow on the rear and green bright and up front. That's my rig on MY P245. Seriously considering the new CT lasers for the Glock 27, though.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links