Ashley Big Dot sights

Ashley Big Dot sights

This is a discussion on Ashley Big Dot sights within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an opportunity to buy a new Sig P245, with Ashley Big Dot sights, for a good price. Has anyone heard of the Ashley ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Big Dot sights

Ashley Big Dot sights

I have an opportunity to buy a new Sig P245, with Ashley Big Dot sights, for a good price. Has anyone heard of the Ashley Big Dot sights? Does anyone have any personal experience with them? I know Sig is discontinuing the P245, but it fits my hand well.
    A stupid question is the one you won't ask!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I have Ashley (now called XS Sights) on my Glock 19 and have ordered one for my snubby. I wish my agency would let me put them on my duty weapon. Now I do it differently, I only use the front "big dot" and standard Novac rear sights.

Personal experience is that for those of us who eyesight is not what it once was the big dot allows VERY quick front sight pickup. Its a personal thing and I think it works for me. One more point, I also know that Jeff Cooper has the big dot on his 1911 with a Novac rear sight that has been slightly opened up. That alone should be enough of a reason but heck if you dont like them there easy to change, as a Sig front night sight can be bought for about $30.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member
    I have the Big Dots on my USP Compact, and I love them. As fed_ said, acquiring a sight picture is very fast, so they're great combat sights. I prefer the bar/dot over a three-dot picture, so the XS Sights are ideal for me. I also have bad eyesight.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

PJH
    I just had a set of the XS Big Dots installed on my G19. They are taking a bit of getting used to, but I'm very happy with the BIG front dot, I'm just not sure I'm sold yet on the rear sight.

-Paul

I have a Sig P245 that came with the big dot night sights. It was the first time I'd seen them. I have since put them on two other pistols.
    Your 245 with the big dots I believe should have the Ilaflon finish which is really nice. Mine does and I love it.

1952 - 2006
    I have the Big Dot sights on one of my 1911's and as soon as I can afford it they are going on my other one.

They are not great for long distance accuracy, but for close range combat or competition they can't be beat IMO.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

They are great ! I wondered if XS took up the slack on ashley express... now I know.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

PJH
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    I have the Big Dot sights on one of my 1911's and as soon as I can afford it they are going on my other one.

They are not great for long distance accuracy, but for close range combat or competition they can't be beat IMO.
    While I'd agree they are not ideal for long-distance shooting. there's a video around of a guy (James Yeager) hitting pepper poppers at 100 yards with an XS equipped Glock. That's better shooting than I'm capable of with any sights. Then again, I'm unlikely to be asked to join the FBI HRT anytime soon.

-Paul

Thanks for the comments. It's nice to hear from people who actually have experience with this product, instead of "My brother-in-law's cousin's friend...". This is a great site to gather information from. Thanks again.
    A stupid question is the one you won't ask!

OGT- just one more toss-in: I currently have the Big Dot on my BHP, and I'm not as fond of the Big, as I was of the "Standard" (on my Glocks). I've gone from 4" rapid fire groups at 15 yds to 8"+. Maybe I'm just getting used to it, and obviously different platforms, but...... I still prefer them to 99% of the 3-dots out there.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Don't own a weapon with the "XS"(big dot) sights on them but have shot several with them installed. For CC purposes they seem to be great for quick target acquisition at the closer ranges that we will have to engauge the BG(s) at.

If I wasn't trained with, and shoot with, ghost rings, I'd take a close look at the "XS" sights. ---------

Wink

My brothers cousins nephews grandma owns one and..... LOL...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Been looking at the XS sights for the CZ P-01. From the many favorable comments, looks like I need to get off my butt and order them.

It does not matter what sights come on the gun. You can change them out to a set that you like. Got several different types of night sights in the spare parts box.

frankmako

erh
    oldgunteacher - I had the XS Standard Tritium installed on my Custom NAA .380 Guardian, & like it alot. Additionally, a guy I know up in Tenn., George S. - one of the best handgunners I've ever seen in action, has "Big Dots" on ALL of his Comp. guns (Glock's) and wouldn't use anything else! I think George's reaction to them says a "Mouthfull."
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links