Idaho Falls Walmart trip

This is a discussion on Idaho Falls Walmart trip within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to wally world yesterday to exchange a dvd for a blueray(got new blueray player for Christmas) Anyway did my normal round to sporting goods ...

Thread: Idaho Falls Walmart trip

Idaho Falls Walmart trip

Went to wally world yesterday to exchange a dvd for a blueray(got new blueray player for Christmas) Anyway did my normal round to sporting goods to check on ammo, looked in the case where the .223 Rem normally are and nothing. Almost just left the store right there, then low and behold not in the case but next to it, boxes and boxes of .223 Rem, 50 round, 100 round, and 200 round boxes and not locked up, so I grabbed 3 boxes and put them in my cart and took them up to the check out. 600 rounds cost me $244.77 out the door.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Yep. Not bad. I always see the 100-200rd bulk .223 at my local WMs, but I think it would be a cold day in the netherworld when I see them outside of the locked case.

When you get a chance check out the Rexburg WM. Just about every time I'm in there they have at least 3 boxes of .223, and when I was there on Monday they had over 6...I didn't look to closely for the brand but did notice they were the 100ct.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

My Florida W/M seem to always have Federal .223 in the 100 round value packs.
    It's coming back.
    Now if they would get .380!

RPB
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    My Florida W/M seem to always have Federal .223 in the 100 round value packs.
    It's coming back.
    Now if they would get .380!
    My local True Value Hardware store in Texas just got a case of .380 in, it's Remington UMC for the range, but I already got .380 hydroshocks from there. They had tons of .223

My local wally world is always out of nearly everything, so I go to the hardware store instead.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    My local wally world is always out of nearly everything, so I go to the hardware store instead.
    Man I wish hardware stores carried ammo around here.
    Walk softly ...

RPB
    Are you close to Quincy?
    try here (FFL holder)
    Corey Linscott
    Royers True Value Hardware
    Quincy, WA 98848

If not close, try other True Value Hardware Stores, if they don't have it, they may order it fir you ... I have my local one do that sometimes ;)

Some True Value Hardware stores sell ammo, others don't. Not sure if you can order it online and have it sent to your local one or not.
    Last edited by RPB; January 13th, 2010 at 07:40 PM.

My wally world finally had some .38's JHP's +p. I was so used to them being out I almost didn't know what to do.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    When you get a chance check out the Rexburg WM. Just about every time I'm in there they have at least 3 boxes of .223, and when I was there on Monday they had over 6...I didn't look to closely for the brand but did notice they were the 100ct.
    I rarely go to Rexburg unless on the way to Yellowstone.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I found a bunch at my local Wally World the other day! .223, 9mm, and .40! Now if I could just find .380...
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

RPB
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    I found a bunch at my local Wally World the other day! .223, 9mm, and .40! Now if I could just find .380...
    I bought $100 worth at True Vallue yesterday but ...

I've looked for .32acp for a year, just found them and .380 at ammunitiontogo, ordered a few boxes (a few in various brands and calibers) a couple hours ago and just got an e-mail it already shipped to me UPS, but I'd hurry

Looks like they JUST got a shipment in of hard to find in demand stuff, they had none 2 days ago.

Now, to borrow the money for my credit card bill I'll get next month ......

I have been trying for 2 months to purchase some .45 acp at walmart...I had actually given up on buying any there.

My wife was at WM a couple days ago and she called me to say that they had some in. I was in shock! She bought 3 boxes of 50 230 grain Remington umc's for $18 dollars a box.
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Quote Originally Posted by AWDeanSr View Post
    I have been trying for 2 months to purchase some .45 acp at walmart...I had actually given up on buying any there.

My wife was at WM a couple days ago and she called me to say that they had some in. I was in shock! She bought 3 boxes of 50 230 grain Remington umc's for $18 dollars a box.
    I've been searching for some .45acp also, and just got some at walmart a hour ago...I was really surprised to see it on the shelf this late in the day.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

This lack of .380 has been going on for waaaaaaaay tooooooooo looooong.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ntg
    I FINALLY ran into some of the Federal Ball for 9mm and 40 here in 4B's Walmart. $10 for 9 and $15 for $40. I picked up two of the 9mm just to hold me over 'till I get some reloaded.

Links