Still looking for the right gift

This is a discussion on Still looking for the right gift within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking at knives for gifts for my groomsmen, but after some consideration of my guys interests and what they would actually use, ...

Thread: Still looking for the right gift

Still looking for the right gift

I have been looking at knives for gifts for my groomsmen, but after some consideration of my guys interests and what they would actually use, I am also considering a nice flashlight.

I am looking for a handheld pocketable flash light. Would like to stick with a well known brand like Surefire, Fenix, Nitecore, Olight, etc. Would like to go with a AA model which Surefire doesnt make, but it is not a deal breaker. Would like to stay at $75.00 and under if possible, and LED.

Make a suggestion, and a good place to get a good price. Thanks.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I just got an egear light at my local gun shop. They run on lithium batteries. Very bright and good features compared to my old mag lites. Push button on the end, or you can set to twist to activate. Less than 40 dollars on Amazon or from other vendors.

There is a smaller model than has a built in clip. For this price though, you can get the bigger ones and add a case with clip from somewhere else! Or even throw in the small one with the carabiener as a bonus!

- XT-130 Polymer K2 Tactical Torch #LUXT-1300-L2 by Essential Gear. Your source for LED lights and Survival Accessories

Male and female friends are loving it, who wouldn't want one of these?

Question for anyone: is the "serrated" edge for glass breaking? I saw that on a shotgun thread referring to a different rough edged light.

Stay in your budget and get them a 'combo of quality'...

G2® Nitrolon® Flashlight available in Black, Green, Yellow and Tan from SureFire
    Kershaw Leek 1660

I have a couple of the more expensive SureFire's, but I have two of the same Kershaw Leeks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I like the Surefire line...I was hoping to go with an LED. Maybe the G2L. I like the clean slick lines of those Kershaws. That laser engraving would be great for groomsmen gifts.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

All the light buffs we have here and no suggestions???

I have a friend that just bought me a 4sevens quark mini 123,light is 2.3" long by.080 diameter it has a twist on cap,It has 3 brightness levels low 3 lumens,med 40 lumens high 189 lumens,light will also strobe and flash SOS,and has high and low beacon $39.00
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Fenix LD10. It's pocketable & bright. Just bought this light & 4 nimh AA 2900mah rechargeable batteries / charger for ~55.00 from Ace Photodigital via Amazon.com. I like it. I also have a Fenix LD20. It's better yet. HTH,
    SCGunLover1

This wanders a bit from your original question, but is a solution I have come up with for gift giving. It has simplified my life a LOT since I made this decision.

Rather than guess if the recipient could use, would appreciate, already has, would never need, etc., a particular gift, I give nothing but silver coins. Small birthday gifts to nephews, nieces may only be one silver eagle. My daughters may get 10 of them for their birthday. My cousin recently had twins. They each received 5 silver eagles. I never have to shop! They have a gift that will never wear out, reinforces good financial practices, and can make a difference in their lives. YMMV, it works for me!
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

I have been loking at the LD 20. I had looked at olights too. They seem nice. Is 4sevens the best place to buy? For price and warranty/service? A knife or a light will be extremely useful to all my groomsmen, in their daily routine. That is why I am aiming towards this area. Keep the suggestions coming in.

Links