Wristwatches

This is a discussion on Wristwatches within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What kind of watches does everyone wear on a regular basis? This is my daily worn G-Shock Toughsolar which is a great piece, looking at ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wristwatches

Wristwatches

What kind of watches does everyone wear on a regular basis? This is my daily worn G-Shock Toughsolar which is a great piece, looking at buying a new Luminox though.
    Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Cheap Casio with an analog face
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

cheapish digital casio from wal-mart...banged and scratched but still working.

Casio's are hard to beat.
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...

1*

NRA Member

Get the Luminox. I have had one for over two years, and give it hell everyday in the oil field.
    Have not had one spot of trouble from it.
    Molon Labe

I wear a Swiss made, stainless steel Lumi-Nox (blue face)...numbers, hands, and bezel dots glow in the dark without a light source, just like night sights. Best watch I've ever had...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by DwnRangeKing View Post
    Get the Luminox. I have had one for over two years, and give it hell everyday in the oil field.
    Have not had one spot of trouble from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wear a Swiss made, stainless steel Lumi-Nox (blue face)...numbers, hands, and bezel dots glow in the dark without a light source, just like night sights. Best watch I've ever had...
    Thanks guys, ive been thinking about getting one for a long time now. Now if i can prioritize all my wants vs needs, ill be good to go.

1*

NRA Member

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I've been wearing a Casio G-Shock for the last 15 years or so. I just love the model that I have been wearing. The only reason I bought the second one is the band broke on the first one and I could not find another. They have been great watches for me. YMMV,
    SCGunLover1

I've had a swiss army watch for about 15 years never a problem. They start around $100. And no it doesn't have a knife or a can opener.
    When SHTF I don't call 911, I call 1911
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
    Kimber ultra carry II stainless steel
    HK uspc

Tag Heuer 2000
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I wear a Fossil that I got a few years ago. I'm not sure of the model.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

VIP Member
    I have owned a stainless steel diver's watches from an upscale company. I've had a kinetic Seiko, several Swatch watches, Timex, and something called Shark Mako Freestyle, and a bunch of others I've long forgotten.

The upscale diver's watch met its match against a rock, and was instantly no longer a diver's watch; other than being on my hand at 35 feet.

The kinetic watch had a mechanism which broke and required factory service, after which it broke again.

The others all lost their water resistance when changing a battery. The gaskets never seem to go back right.

The Swatch watches were nice but made clicking noises each second and sometimes disturbed my sleep; they sounded like something from a 1940s movie with a home made time bomb ticking away your life.

Lessons learned. Cheap watches hold up and last just as long as expensive watches. None of them last more than a decade, and most don't make it 3-5 years.

As a blue-jeans guy who doesn't usually like fancy stuff, I find TIMEX perfectly OK for most of my needs. The cheaper the better. When they break--which that brand doesn't, you throw it out and forget it.

I avoid Fossel watches. I can't change the battery myself.

Once upon a time in my fantasy land world I decided I needed a real solid gold watch of the multi- thousand dollar kind. Better sense talked me out of it but I
    bought a gold watch for Mrs Hopyard for about 4 K. It stays in a jewelry box and comes out only for weddings and funerals---same as my men's suit.

Usually, by the time Mrs H. needs her fancy watch, the battery is dead. And, now, the one jeweler in town who was an authorized dealer has retired and gone out of business.

One word--- TIMEX.
    One other word---cheap, I mean inexpensive.

Tag Heuer Professional
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Omega Constellation

I work in a detention center and for the last year and a half, I have been wearing a cheap watch I bought at Walmart for $5.00. It keeps good time and has definitely been banged around in here plenty. I don't even think it has a name on it.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links