Defensive Carry banner

XD 40 subcompact

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jsnole 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can't find it anywhere here... I am going to start carrying my XD 40 SC with a supertuck holster... I have seen several weapons that have some sort of course material on the grips for better handling. They appear to be "model specific" and fit the grips perfectly. Where could I get these at and what are they called?

Any other input on the XD 40 SC would be appreciated as well...

Tks

PC

#4 ·
Thank you Gentlemen.

Yes, that is what I was looking for... I have seen them where the entire grip is covered and some where the material is "cut" to fit only certain places on the grip. Either way this is what I was talking about.

I haven't started carrying the 40 yet. Haven't had time to shoot it or anything. Got my holster the other day, and I think this will be a very nice set up.

Still concerned about carrying with one in the chamber. I know this is big debate too, from reading here... a co-worker carries as well, and he doesn't carry with one in the chamber either for safety reasons. He is an ex-Marine.

I was going to practice drawing and racking over and over... I know some won't agree with that... I wanted to find a weapon similiar to the HD only with a thumb safety for carrying "hot". But couldn't find many models that had one...

#5 ·
I have been carrying the exact gun for 2 years with a round chambered every day with no problems. Now that i think about it, i dont think that i have unloaded it sense the day i bought it for anything other than cleaning. You need to build mussel memory to put your finger on the side of the trigger guard when it is removed from the holster. That is the best advice i can give you. The grip safety actually will go a long way to help prevent accidental discharge of your firearm. Try to carry it for a week with the striker cocked and empty and see if you can actually make it without and discharge, i bet you wont have any problems. Regardless whatever you do, a gun with a full mag is better than no gun. congratulations on your fine combo...

#6 ·
I don't want to get too far off the original subject BUT, carrying one in the chamber on an xd is perfectly safe! The gun itself has two safeties, the grip and trigger, and you shouldn't be able to pull the trigger while it's in your holster. I would think twice about carrying one in the chamber. What happens if you don't have the use of your weak hand?

#7 ·
I agree with the opinions here. I carry an XD40SC (one in the chamber) with the supertuck. To add a comment to the safety issue, be carfull not to press on the grip safety when you re-holster. There are lots of other threads here about carrying with one in the chamber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.