help needed for cell phone

This is a discussion on help needed for cell phone within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Probaly not the best place for this question, but I realy need help finding a new phone. I got a motorola W755 last summer and ...

Thread: help needed for cell phone

help needed for cell phone

Probaly not the best place for this question, but I realy need help finding a new phone. I got a motorola W755 last summer and Im fed up withthe poor speaker phone, can only hear it if I hold it within a foot of my ear, makes hands free driving imposable.

So I appreciate if anyone out there can sudjest a good phone. Just a basic cell phone, dont need all the bells and whistels, dont want to surf the net or send email, just a phone that makes a call and occasionaly a pic or two, but it realy has to have a good speaker phone like my old LG3500 did, dont want the hassle of bluetooth or any other device, just want to flip it open, set it down and be able to have a conversation
    Last edited by Mic; January 25th, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

2. Remove Ads

Does your current phone have Bluetooth? That may be an alternative to the speaker option. There are so many phones now that pickig one is almost impossible (for me). I am still using an older Blackberry 7620, and it has an excellent speaker phone. In fact, I often use it for conference calls.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

If you are with Verizon, I can recommend the LGVX5500. Straight up, solid phone for calls, texting etc. Great if you don't want or need all the techie bells and whistles such as 3G.

Lead Moderator
    Bluetooth headsets have made my phone use much easier than speaker phone. I can say my i phone (speaker option) has great clarity , however is a bit too quiet in some situations.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Yes that phone has bluetooth (google is your friend)

I have my CP go through my TomTom via Bluetooth. The GPS has a pretty good speaker in it.

Links