Defensive Carry banner

Gun Cleaning Kit

7K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  rammerjammer 
#1 ·
I am looking for a nice dummy proof cleaning kit. I would like one that can clean all guns, handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc. I am also looking for one that is dummy proof that everyhting is clearly labeled by caliber not bruch size or number so I don't screw up anything. Also needs to include solvent, lube, etc. And should have step by step instructions.

Anyone have any good kits that meet this criteria?

PS Seems everyone has a different process to clean their guns, so what's yours step by step?

#35 ·
Remoil is cleaner/lube. Both, kinda like CLP (cleaner, lubricant, protectant). Lube everything that moves, springs, guide rod, sear, rails, extractor, or the things that will contact metal on metal. Or to keep from rusting or to aid in future cleanings: lube the outside of your barrel, the outside of your slide, etc.

What I do is the finger and drop method. I just put a bit of Remoil or whatever oil I have on my finger and rub the parts that need to be lubed. Or I will put a few drops on springs, shinny parts, etc. Wipe excess off when you are done and it will be dry yet protected.

#36 ·
One more issue I am not very clear on is the whole Lubricants vs solvents, vs protectants, etc. I have a pray can of RemOil a bottle of Gunzilla and a bottle of Hoppes 9. What product do I use and when???

As stated before below is my process. Can someone please advise what product I should use and where in my process I should use it?? Thanks I appreciate all the help!!

Here's my current process
1. field strip, clean lower half with solvent /toothbrush/qtip wipe with tshirt rag
2. Clean Slide with solvent /toothbrush/qtip, wipe with tshirt rag
3. Then I do the barrel per Otis system, chamber to muzzle with solvent patch, then dry brush, then dry patch.
4. Then I reassemble. Wipe it all down with a RemOil sprayed rag

#37 ·
Pick up the spray can of Remoil shake well, then discard..Get the bottles of hoppes#9 place a small amount on your finger and dab behind each ear. (now you smell like a weapons kinda of manly man), discard remaining hoppes#9. Pick up bottle of Gunzilla and clean weapons until the patch comes out clean..

Your weapon is now cleaned , lubed and protected...

Shoot weapon and repeat as often as you like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.