Home Barrel Polishing?

Home Barrel Polishing?

This is a discussion on Home Barrel Polishing? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was watching this video on the P3AT and the guy doing the vid recommended this "wizards brand polishing cloth." Is anyone familiar with this? ...

Thread: Home Barrel Polishing?

Home Barrel Polishing?

I was watching this video on the P3AT and the guy doing the vid recommended this "wizards brand polishing cloth." Is anyone familiar with this? When I sent my PM9 back to Kahr, one thing I noticed when I got it back was that the barrel had been polished so much it looks like a mirror. I would love to do this to my other weapons if I could do it myself with a simple cloth-like piece and I wouldn't risk harm to the gun. Does anyone know about this Wizards Cloth? Is it something you can pick up at a hardware store? It is as simple as just rubbing it all over the barrel, or must an abrasive or liquid be added? I would love a smooth polished barrel on my Kahr P380 and CW9, right now it feels a little gritty.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    the act of polishing something involves friction and some sort of abrasive. I was a skeptic for flitz products but one day I broke down and bought a flitz kit... ohmehgosh its unbelievable... I don't know whats in it but somehow it brought shine in just about anything I polished with it... paint, blue, metal, alloys, plastic, rubber... its incredible stuff... I was waiting for it to oxidize or something but it doesn't.

I would try that first.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Look here... 1st post has info...then scroll down to the 4th post for CustomizedCreationz pics.

DIY Barrel polishing write-up - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

http://www.customizedcreationz.com/home.html
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

Kahr barrels are nickel plated. Polishing then can wear through the plating quickly.

Sponsored Links