.45 cal simunition??

This is a discussion on .45 cal simunition?? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've searched the Internet for hours now trying to buy simunition!! I could buy a paintball gun, but I want to use my real .45 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .45 cal simunition??

.45 cal simunition??

I've searched the Internet for hours now trying to buy simunition!! I could buy a paintball gun, but I want to use my real .45 personal defense weapon instead. I also do a lot of reloading, so if anyone has some simunition connections, it would be greatly appreciated!
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA left because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"
    -Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

2. Remove Ads

I know of no dealer/distributor that will sell Simunition product to civilians.
    Never mind that their product is quite expensive per round costing more than regular ammo per quantity.

Same goes for competing vendor, and IMHO a better product in overall function, UTM 'ManMarker'.

Why not look into Airsoft?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrmydeadbdy View Post
    I've searched the Internet for hours now trying to buy simunition!! I could buy a paintball gun, but I want to use my real .45 personal defense weapon instead. I also do a lot of reloading, so if anyone has some simunition connections, it would be greatly appreciated!
    This is so far beyond BAD IDEA that I don't even know where to start.

First of all, Mr. Eric, I am a Sgt in the Marine Corps with a combat tour to Fallujah. I have many hours of simunition training in the Corps and thought it was some of the best close quarters training that I have ever received. I have also been an assailant for the local county SWAT team. So I am not some shmuck who is going to use the simunition in the wrong way.
    Thanks for your concern.

They occasionally come up on gunbroker. I don't know that they're available in .45. Here's some in 9mm. You'll have to find a simunitions barrel somewhere. Again, they do occasionally become available.

You may need to post WTB ads on a bunch of gun forums and whatnot. If you offer to pay above new market price, then some greedy guy with regular access will probably sell one to you privately. That's perfectly legal - just not something the company wants to see retailers doing.

9MM Simunition FX marking rounds Sims paint : Pistol Ammo at GunBroker.com

Personally I wish Sims and/or ManMarker product were commercially available to civilians.

It is no more dangerous than normal firearms or paintball markers.
    Same rules of eyes and _ears_ apply as well as rules of firearm handling.

I too have trained using Sims and it's of great use.
    It's just a sahme about the price per round and lack of availability.

OMDB if Airsoft won't work for yu then you might try specialized CO2 powered paintball markers that now days are available in the same format as a handgun albeit with just 5 and 6 shot tube magazines.
    The modern equipment developed within the past 5 yrs. for use by scenario type players is what you might be most interested in.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I think this is a great idea. I have been out of the Corps for a few years now, and like you, have trained hard using simunitions and it was very good training. unfortunately, I cant get the owners of the range I work at to sign off on the idea of using simunition rounds to help in my CCW class. Shooting at someone who is shooting back is much different than shooting paper. But anyway, I would still love to get my hands on some for personal use, to keep sharp on what the Marine Corps taught me.

Ovrmydeadbdy, when were you in Fallujah? What unit? I was 1/8 Alpha during Nov. 2004 in Fallujah.

Nothing says you messed up like a good bruise
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

When were you in Fallujah? I know you might be Marine Corps, but I had a good friend over there in task force 2-2 infantry, 1st ID in '04.
    "If it ain't a mess, it'll do till the mess gets here."
    -Sheriff Bell, No Country for Old Men

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    All I know about simunition is that it is "only available to military and law enforcement". The only time I have ever seen it used is watching "special ops mission" on military channel. Though it was a cool concept

You would think today you could find anything on the internet...
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I was with Alpha 1/14 in 2006. Someone already nailed it, you are a complete different animal when you are being shot at! And sim rounds are great way to train for real life cenarios.

VIP Member
    I loved the simunitions training we did in the academy. Especially the active gunman training.

But like others have said, quite expensive, and only available to LE and Military.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I have seen people make reloads with just a primer, no powder, and paraffin wax bullets. I'm not sure how that equates to simmunitions, but it's a cheap way to practice shooting. I would do research on that before using it force on force.j

edit: Looks like they work well in revolvers and single shots, but don't feed reliably in semi autos. You might need to pick up simmunition bullets, and load them yourself.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I have seen people make reloads with just a primer, no powder, and paraffin wax bullets. I'm not sure how that equates to simmunitions, but it's a cheap way to practice shooting. I would do research on that before using it force on force.
    Been there;done that - years ago before defensive training was all the rage. It works up to about 40-50 feet, but it stings worse than paintballs. Padded clothing and face protection are a must!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Administrator

Off Topic to the thread.
    It can stay posted but, try hard to make sure that replies stay on topic to the original post.
    Ask those sorts of questions using the forum Private Mail feature.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Impetus View Post
    When were you in Fallujah? I know you might be Marine Corps, but I had a good friend over there in task force 2-2 infantry, 1st ID in '04.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links