Defensive Carry banner

1911 Carbine Conversion and Mag Advice

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dukalmighty 
#1 ·
I have two inquiries of those who have experience with the 1911...

I am considering a PCC conversion by Mech Tech: Mech Tech Systems, Inc.

Does anyone have any experience with this and would you share your experience?

I am looking for a couple dependable 10 or 15 round mags for the 1911, especially if I get a conversion kit and reviews are mixed, anyone have a preference on a higher capacity mag and why?

#2 ·
buddy owns one

my friend and i are 1911 lovers. he has owned a mec tech for several years. it is mounted on an essex frame. i have used it several times and found it to be capable, handy (and ugly). i know the newer versions can be tricked out but we (in ct) still have the awb so all the options are not doable. he has tried the high capacity mags (15 rounders) and they are crap. we shoot mostly reloads (fmj & lrn) and have had no feed issues. though we don't have a crono-you are supposed to get more fps on your rounds.

price wise--not a bad price point.

:wave:

#3 ·
I agree, they aren't pretty, I just want something to usee same mags and ammo. I just want the basic and I may put a small holosight on a riser or two... I have considered the chip mccormick 10 round mags...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.