Tactical Sights

Tactical Sights

This is a discussion on Tactical Sights within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My new sights. I just wrote a letter to a company regarding my new sights I just got and installed. Thought I'd share it/my review ...

Thread: Tactical Sights

Tactical Sights

My new sights.

I just wrote a letter to a company regarding my new sights I just got and installed. Thought I'd share it/my review here.

To: WrenTech Industries, LLC -
    RE: Advantage Tactical Sight

I have my concealed carry license. I've been owning, collecting and shooting pistols for over 40 years. My eyes have Myopia, Presbyopia and Astigmatism.

I was born with only 1 hand, ending at the wrist, and previously had trouble safely racking the slide to chamber a round.
    I realize you made these sights for tactical purposes as in when one hand is "busy" holding a doorknob/flashlight/injured or putting pressure on a wound so as not to bleed out; so that one could still rack the slide on a corner or a holster or belt or shoe sole to clear a jam or replace magazines etc., but I wanted to thank you on behalf of all the visually impaired one-handed people for making this set of sights we can use.

I bought them for my Glock 19, Glock 26, Glock 27 and installed them myself and used the spacers and laser sighted them in and couldn't be happier with the results. Sight acquisition is phenomenally fast in all lighting conditions except total darkness. So far, the yellow front and light orange rear is my favorite "all lighting conditions" setup.

As an added bonus, I noticed the tapered sides on the rear sight is more comfortable than any other sights as others have sharp corners that dig into my skin or holster while wearing my gun concealed.
    Here's the sights I got http://www.advantagetactical.com/colors.htm

I have no affiliation with any company other than I buy stuff from lots of companies.
    Last edited by RPB; February 19th, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Links