Watch

This is a discussion on Watch within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My daily watch. 4.5 bills Also, see related thread here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...stwatches.html...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    My daily watch. 4.5 bills

Also, see related thread here:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...stwatches.html
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

2. Remove Ads

For me it's either a Rolex Submariner, Omega Seamaster, or Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea. What can I say I like expensive watches.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I have been wearing an UZI Protector for the past month. It is a lot smaller than my Seiko and lighter. I got tired of such a big heavy watch the Uzi has tritium as well and was 75 bucks.

Distinguished Member
    My phone in the cargo pocket is my watch.

It also works as a low light flashlight by pressing one button on the outside case, which lights up the screen. Very bright in a dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The funny thing about this is that every time I shop for a watch I complain about the same thing. The faces on mens watches are MASSIVE.
    And getting bigger. My current watches are 43mm and 45mm, and i want to go BIGGER. That's just the way the market is turning, for men and ladies. I'm even getting alot of ladies that come into the store and are buying watches that are 38-40mm. A size that several years ago would be laughable for a woman.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    I have been wearing an UZI Protector for the past month.
    I wore one of these for about a year, and one day I noticed that I had cracked the lens in half! Don't know how I did it, but it still keeps time. It just isn't water resistant anymore.

Decent watch, though.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

I can vouch for Invicta. Great watch for a reasonable price.
    Check them out at InvictaWatch.com. Buy them at shopnbc.com (they are on cable and satellite as well) for the best prices, Sam's club or Costco (good price, low selection).

Regards,
    Josh

p.s. Any bought off shopnbc can be upgraded to 5 year warranty for free.

VIP Member
    Having posted in an earlier thread that I thought inexpensive digital (e.g. Timex) or similar was the only sensible way to go, I was just given a high end mechanical automatic watch (ORIS) by my son as a present last week.

So now, sitting on my dresser, I have everything from Timex, Guess digital, Freestyle something or other digital , Swatch analog, Sieko kinetic analog, and the mechanical automatic ORIS.

They each have their niche. But for active wear and doing stuff, inexpensive is better. At least you don't get to cry if something unexpected happens while doing a minor household or auto repair.

I agree it is crazy to spend a lot of money on high end watches. They should be considered jewelry not a utility, which is what a watch basically is.

If you want jewelry fine. If as my son did, you want to give someone a nice gift of jewelry, than a better watch is a nice touch. But, keeping it all in perspective-- cheapo digital watches are king.

I wear a Citizen Nighthawk and have for about three years. I've put it through hell and it takes it all in stride.

MOΛΩN ΛAB

I have been wearing a stainless steel Omega Constellation for years that keeps time to within 2 minutes plus or minus per month. It has a 24 jewel Omega 505 movement and is auto winding. The watch face looks like the one in the old black-and-white advertising photo found within the link below.