Watch

This is a discussion on Watch within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok working out all of my EDC. XD9sc C2 LED Centurion Surefire 585 Mini Barrage BenchMade now how about a good watch, doesn't have to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch

Watch

Ok working out all of my EDC.

XD9sc
    C2 LED Centurion Surefire
    585 Mini Barrage BenchMade

now how about a good watch, doesn't have to be top of the line but upper echelon is good. Any thoughts is this a defensive weapon?
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

2. Remove Ads

I wouldnt consider a watch a defensive weapon... not unless you want to know exactly how long it takes the BG to die after hitting him several times in the lower abdomen with your handgun.

Seriously, I just wear a Timex Indiglo Expedition wrist watch with the leather band. Oh, and its the girls model... DONT LAUGH! I have small wrists! A mens watch is too big for me. I dont like big 'ol goddy things on my wrists!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I wouldnt consider a watch a defensive weapon... not unless you want to know exactly how long it takes the BG to die after hitting him several times in the lower abdomen with your handgun.

Seriously, I just wear a Timex Indiglo Expedition wrist watch with the leather band. Oh, and its the girls model... DONT LAUGH! I have small wrists! A mens watch is too big for me. I dont like big 'ol goddy things on my wrists!

Maybe can I point and snicker a little? Funniest

Just wanted to hear what others use dont want to get a piece of junk that is going to just break on me in the middle of an idpa match or something.

I like stainless steel, protection from the elements, and being able to easily see the time in the dark...my Luminox fills the bill for all three.

Here's mine... Site - Luminox Watches:
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    On the low end, the Seiko Titanium watches are reliabe and comfy. If you can splurge for a nice Tag Heuer, I'm sure a backhand to the forehead/nose with one of these will be more than adequate. Stylish and reliable too.

I don't know that I'd call these "upper echelon", but they are very nice and should work for your purpose of range work and general wear.

A nice TAG Heuer I prefer wristbands that are not metal for many reasons. There is a better selection if you prefer metal bands. I like my TAG Heuer a lot and it is a nice watch.

In keeping with my non-metal theme a nice Armand Nicolet

This one is a nice self winding watch by Raymond Weil

I also like Breitlings.

Geez i clearly did not know what i was taking about with upper echelon?? Wow I would feel ok doing $200 on a watch. Funnier but thanks for the info just want a good reliable watch that will take a little extra punishment with out busting.

Usually dont spend more then $50 on a watch but i always break them.

I wear a Suunto Core. Nothing fancy looking but lot's of usable functions.

If you spend a little coin on a good watch they will last, My Luminox is six years old and still has the same battery.

Here is a Great video clip to show how bad ass the Marathon SAR watches are
    YouTube - TSAR vs Fire Truck

I got one of these a month ago and it is great I couldnt be happier.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Note you can get the Black Monster and the Orange Monster a fair amount cheaper than that:

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Watch%20Sales%20Table.htm.

(search in page for SKX779K)

I have a Black Monster, and it is an incredible bit of kit for the cost.

I also have a Rolex GMT Master II which is at least 20 years and has been with me pretty much everywhere and keeps on tickin.

The BM doesn't keep as good of time (I'd say you'd want to calibrate it about 2 times a month) and it doesn't have a sapphire window. It is a bit big and bulky, but it is VERY readable (both light and dark), the band is very sturdy and reliable and it even looks good. I'd venture you simply can't get a better (mechanical) watch for $200. Probably $500.

A sapphire window is a great feature. My BM has scratches on the window. My GMT Master II does not (despite it being 15 years older).

The GMT II is a great watch. It has served me well. I think I paid about $2K for it about 20 years ago, and the current model is about $4K (at least, last I noticed). Keeps good time. Very sturdy. Note Rolex come with either a single or double clasp, and if you are not careful with your watches like me, you probably want the double clasp. Note it is very expensive to change these things after you buy so pay attention. Also, services are expensive, but OTOH, I'll probably throw away my BM when it stops working, so.. *shrug*.

That said, I think the Rolex is over-priced. I don't have any regrets -- it has done great by me, but if I could do it over again, I'd probably go for a Omega Seamaster, which tend to be about half the price, and IMO about the same quality.

In fact, they have a titanium one that is very slick:

Omega Seamaster 300M Titanium

I also like the Traser H3 P6506 Commander 100 Titanium Tritium.

-john

I think the Luminox and Traser have the same movements.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links