Self Defensive in a BlackBerry

This is a discussion on Self Defensive in a BlackBerry within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found a new piece of software for BlackBerrys the other day. I have been testing it and I think that this software has a ...

Thread: Self Defensive in a BlackBerry

Self Defensive in a BlackBerry

I found a new piece of software for BlackBerrys the other day. I have been testing it and I think that this software has a few features that might prove useful. This was my best guess as to were to put this, but if I goofed in placement I hope that a mod would be so kind as to move it for me. Thanks.

The Software can be found at SmrtGuard :: Wireless Backup and Smartphone Security. There are several useful functions for the everyday BlackBerry user such as making the phone alarm so you can find it, remotely locking it, Remote wiping of a lost phone, backup and restoring of your saved information, but there is a "Follow Me" that keeps a "breadcrumb trail" while activated. There is also a "Loved One Tracker" so a family member can track another member (Maybe good, maybe bad). There is also a feature called "Personal Guardian", this feature when activated can send a SMS (text message), an email, and place a phone call to preset numbers and email. The SMS is actually two messages, the first being the body of the email message (as much as will fit) and the second is a link to the location of the phone according to the phones GPS chip on a Google map. The email has the complete message and the link to the map under the message.

This software could be used if anyone finds themselves in a dire situation and needs to call the calvary. It is also good for our family members who cannot or will not carry.

The software is also for Android based phones, but not all features work like on the BlackBerry, and there is a version for Nokia phones still in Alpha stages. (I have not tested the other versions)

I tested this software on my BlackBerry Curve 8330 on Sprint and a friend's BlackBerry Tour 9630 also on Sprint.

I have no personal or professional association with anyone that owns or work for Smrtguard, I just found it via a link on CrackBerry.com ? The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

2. Remove Ads

Latitude with Google maps will also allow to to keep up with the location of loved ones and it is FREE. My wife uses it when i travel to keep up with my progress.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As the father of a teenager I say thanks guys.

If you have an Android phone, there's a similar app that's currently in beta testing called MobileDefense, and for the moment anyway is free. It's not quite FULL featured yet, but it tracks my 2 android phones just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    Latitude with Google maps will also allow to to keep up with the location of loved ones and it is FREE. My wife uses it when i travel to keep up with my progress.
    How does this work... how do you use or register your phone?
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

http://www.mylookout.com

Been using it since it was Flexilis. it's a ftw service!

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Links