Crimson Trace & Modify my Gun? - Page 2

Crimson Trace & Modify my Gun?

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace & Modify my Gun? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jcabin Lasers are no replacement for training. That being said, for anyone who trains lasers become useless, 99% of the time. Nobody ...

View Poll Results: Send My Gun in and:

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • have the right half of the safety taken off allowing CT grips to be put on?

7 29.17%
  • have the safety completely removed and CT grips put on?

7 29.17%
  • Not get CT grips at all?

7 29.17%
  • Other any other suggestions? and I'm keeping my gun not getting a new one

3 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    Lasers are no replacement for training. That being said, for anyone who trains lasers become useless, 99% of the time.
    Nobody ever said lasers are a replacement for training.

With that said, have you done a Night Shoot? Have you trained without your glasses, if you wear them? Nobody ever said lasers are the "be all end all" and a replacement for proper training.

Some of us have come to realize that they can provide an additional edge and are another tool in the Tool Box, to be used. Others among us aren't that smart.

Biker

No lasers wont replace training, and most of my hand guns don't have them. But those that I use for daily carry do. When my backside or those that I love backsides, is on the line I want every advantage I can get! It's that "old age and treachery wining over youth and skill" thing.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    Lasers are no replacement for training. That being said, for anyone who trains lasers become useless, 99% of the time.
    I would never substitute a laser for my natural ability and training... My advice to you is go on to the CT website and watch the 7 videos why you should have a laser (even if is not a CT) gaining the edge and stacking the odds in my favor is always a good thing when it comes to personal safety.
    Laser Sight Equipped Gun Shooting Video | Crimson Trace Laser Grips
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

DC Founder
    I don't currently have a laser but I do like them under certain circumstances. One of my old guns had CT grips on them and they really did work well. And, no they are not a replacement for training nor should they be relied on 100% of the time but they really DO have a place in our "toolbox". The Crimson Trace videos will help you see the value of them.

That said, I don't think I would compromise the original design of your particular gun in order to add them. Getting chewed up in the courtroom after a defensive shooting is a possibility or should, for whatever reason, you have an AD. I would trade it for one without the safety to be safe, even though you are not considering it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I say dump the safety.
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I don't currently have a laser but I do like them under certain circumstances. One of my old guns had CT grips on them and they really did work well. And, no they are not a replacement for training nor should they be relied on 100% of the time but they really DO have a place in our "toolbox". The Crimson Trace videos will help you see the value of them.

That said, I don't think I would compromise the original design of your particular gun in order to add them. Getting chewed up in the courtroom after a defensive shooting is a possibility or should, for whatever reason, you have an AD. I would trade it for one without the safety to be safe, even though you are not considering it....

Second article tonight with AD never heard of it only ND.!.!.!
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

I'd have the safety modified to remove the right lever. I'm not a fan of ambidextrous safeties anyway. If you accept that the safety serves some purpose, having a safety exposed to outside interference seems counterproductive. Seems to me that it is much too easy for the outside safety to get bumped on a doorway, chair, seat belt, etc. and be disengaged.

I have the CT grips on my EDC (Sig 239) and believe that in the right situation they could be a valuable asset.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links