Good Cheap light with a clip?

This is a discussion on Good Cheap light with a clip? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm looking for a good inexpensive LED light with a clip. Currently I have an Energizer Aluminum body 3W LED light that I like, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Cheap light with a clip?

Good Cheap light with a clip?

So I'm looking for a good inexpensive LED light with a clip.

Currently I have an Energizer Aluminum body 3W LED light that I like, its a little large for EDC, but it lacks a clip, I also have the standard cheap 9LED 3AAA light that sucks, but is reasonably small.

I've eyed the Coleman Max CR2 at Walmart, and nearly left with one, but I really want a nice cheap light with a clip.

Any suggestions? Ideally under $30 as I tend to destroy things that live in my pockets and expect to replace it every few years.

Thx

2. Remove Ads

Streamlight Microstream. you can get them for about $17

Maybe you have destroyed your lights because all you ever had were POS. Not being smart but you get what you pay for. I have a PHD in breaking shi*t and my Surefires are still going strong even if they look like crap.

Just today I received a light for review. I took it out of the box, put batteries in it and dropped it into a gallon of water where it has been for 2.5 hrs so far and is still going at 120 lums on 2 AA batteries. Buy quality and cry once. I am liking this like and will be doing full review. You can get this particular light for around $70.- George

Quote Originally Posted by Buckles View Post
    Streamlight Microstream. you can get them for about $17
    +1 for the microstream. It's my EDC and I love it. And if you ever loose it or it breaks it's cheap to replace.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

When buying equipment on which my life could depend...I seldom seek the words "good" and "cheap" in the same sentence...I'm just sayin'...

My lights are SureFires...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I know it's a little out of your price range but I LOVE my Fenix PD20. It is nice and tiny and puts out 190 lumens with 6 different modes including strobe. You can set it to instantly come on at 190 lumens or the lowest setting.

I agree that skimping on a flashlight isn't a good idea but I can't justify spending $100+ on a light.

The problem I have with paying for a surefire or similar light, is sooner or later if it DOESN'T get broken it will get lost.

If I have something on me daily, it covers a lot of miles, and a lot of situations. I live what you would call "an active life".

A while back I lost a really nice Benchmade knife, cost me about $120. I was really irked with myself, and made the switch back to cheaper knives. Not as nice, but they cut just as well. Just need a little more attention to keep em sharp, but I don't cry when I lose them.

Thx guys, I will definitely check out the Microstream. Any one know of any common brick and mortar stores that carry them so I can check one out?

I recently bought this light: Quark 123 Tactical, R5 Edition 4Sevens.Com Total cost - $69. Yeah, it's a little more money than you wanted to spend, but it's small and bright. If you don't mind a tad longer light, then get the Quark that accepts AA batteries. I got the one that uses CR123 batteries, as it's smaller and has higher lumens.

Review and pics of the Quark tactical lights: 4Sevens Quark Round-up Review: Q123, QAA, Q123-2, QAA-2 - RUNTIMES, COMPARISONS, etc - CandlePowerForums

There are an incredible variety of lights now available. You can find one for any conceivable situation. I recommend checking out the Candlepower Forum, where you can spend hours and hours reading about flashlights: CandlePowerForums - Powered by vBulletin

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

the light with the lanyard pictured is a River Rock light; it's an LED, one AA battery light. it's bright enough to light a room, and it cost me less then $20 at Target. i had a similarly sized Inova, that i paid $30 for, and it only lasted me a month, until it crapped out on me after a light dunking in a river. the River Rock has been dropped, dunked, kicked, chewed on by a dog, and stepped on. it's beat up, but i can't figure out how to get it to stop working, other than removing the battery. one of the best torches i've ever bought; it beats my Streamlight Scorpion, in terms of run time, and ease of carry. i can carry it all day. it has a clip, as you can see:

the other light, with the rubber insert, is made by NEBO, who i've never heard of. it was sitting on the counter of a local gun shop, and it was only $10, so i picked one up, just to have an extra light. time will tell if it was money well spent.

nice, I see a trip to target happening during lunch. If they have one of those I will report back

Good luck. I haven't been able to find any of the river rock ones at my target

Quote Originally Posted by Buckles View Post
    Good luck. I haven't been able to find any of the river rock ones at my target
    Yeah, none at the one I went to either. That said they did have a nice little Dorcy 1W LED that runs on one CR123 battery (which I have a ton of at home) for $10. I had to pick it up at that price. I will see what I can do to put a clip on it tonight at home

Thx, if I dont like this I think I will probably do the streamlight microstream

Thanks again all

I bought a Fenix LD10 off of Amazon for $45 or so. Great light, and I like the fact that it runs on one AA. It is well made and has 6 modes..

They have a good deal at costco for 2 160 lumen lites for 20.00 with batterys...
    God so loved the world he gave his only son...
    Whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

W

My lights are Surefires, but I am looking at the Fenix line. Seem to be a lot for the money.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links