Best place to buy Browning Safe? (G65F) - Page 2

Best place to buy Browning Safe? (G65F)

This is a discussion on Best place to buy Browning Safe? (G65F) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mrwhite1 I'm going to look into the vault room from that company and see what he has to say. I think I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwhite1 View Post
    I'm going to look into the vault room from that company and see what he has to say. I think I will definitely stick with the regular dial instead of electronic.
    Just a thought ...

A vault room requires a far different method of construction that the normal stud and drywall used in the typical home. Every vault room I have seen was made like bank vault with either reinforced, poured concrete walls or a 10 gauge steel cage inside reinforced concrete block walls. Be prepared for a considerable sticker shock when discussing the details with a contractor.

Personally, it would have to be a very large firearms collection to justify that kind of expense.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Sports Authority (SA) sells Browning "safes" (technically, they're called RSCs): Sports Authority

If it's not in stock at your local store, maybe they can order one you see at sportsauthority.com and you can pick it up locally. Some companies don't charge shipping to their own stores -- they send trucks/merchandise to their stores all the time, so why not put your safe on one of those same trucks? If so, it can save serious you $$ if it's a heavy item...don't know if SA does but it's worth finding out.

-- John D.

Keep your powder dry

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Just a thought ...

A vault room requires a far different method of construction that the normal stud and drywall used in the typical home. Every vault room I have seen was made like bank vault with either reinforced, poured concrete walls or a 10 gauge steel cage inside reinforced concrete block walls. Be prepared for a considerable sticker shock when discussing the details with a contractor.

Personally, it would have to be a very large firearms collection to justify that kind of expense.
    I have seen his collection...it is large and valuable enough to warrant a vault room. LOL TRUST ME.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I have seen his collection...it is large and valuable enough to warrant a vault room. LOL TRUST ME.
    A friend in East Texas had a collection like that and the vault room in his house was 10'x15'. His vault door was made by Diebold - the bank vault people.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Nice LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Just want to provide an update, I finally ordered the safe.

Anyone interested in anything Browning related items should contact Mike, amazing Browining gun inventory.
    Plus super nice people, really has the feel of a good ol' boy shop. I'll definitely be doing all my business through them from now on!

COUNTRY ATTIC TREASURES
    Browning Full Line Dealer
    3995 Hudson Ave
    South Lebanon, OH 45065
    ph 513-494-2075

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links