Best place to buy Browning Safe? (G65F)

This is a discussion on Best place to buy Browning Safe? (G65F) within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any recommendations on best place to get a Browning safe? Im thinking of getting the Gold G65F. I would have to probably ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place to buy Browning Safe? (G65F)

Does anyone have any recommendations on best place to get a Browning safe? Im thinking of getting the Gold G65F.
    I would have to probably get in home delivery.
    Cheapest place I've found is AG English.

Surely all the members on here somebody can help the man out with a Browning safe.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Unless you can find a local dealer, English will be the best. Just be aware that shipping will NOT be cheap and you will need someone to help you with it when the motor freight drive drops it off in your driveway. Don't expect him to help you get it in the house.

Unless you just have your heart set on a Browning, consider also Ft. Knox. I don't know who makes Browning, but it's not them; they put their name on some other company's product - as do many companies.

If you have a Cabela's close by, or Bass Pro, take a look at their safes, too.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

No doubt Fort Knox is the best, but they also cost twice as much.
    Yeah they said curbside delivery, so I assume they will at least set it in driveway. They quoted me almost $800 shipping. Thats crazy!... Heck I could drive across the US and get it way cheaper than that... lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrwhite1 View Post
    No doubt Fort Knox is the best, but they also cost twice as much.
    Yeah they said curbside delivery, so I assume they will at least set it in driveway. They quoted me almost $800 shipping. Thats crazy!... Heck I could drive across the US and get it way cheaper than that... lol
    I take it you've never shipped several hundred pounds by motor freight before, have you?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    The higher-end Liberty safes are available at Gander Mountain. Not cheap, but Liberty makes a good safe.

Sorry guess I should have been posting prices I've found for people to compare
    AG English quoted me $3758 + 738 (shipping) = $4496 curbside
    Bass Pro quoted me $4299.99 delivered to store + tax (not sure what rate is near Cincy) + $125 for guy to deliver and install. ($4557.99 @6% / $4600.99 @ 7%) + 125 delivery.

What are peoples thoughts on dial vs electronic lock? Push button way faster obviously, but not sure about reliability?

I have a Patriot safe. They ship right to your house. The lock on my safe is push button and key or two keys. My brother in law has a Browning safe and it is nice. I like the features of my Patriot a little better. Plus it cost less delivered. I don't know which one is more secure.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Be sure to check out american security safes before you buy.

Mechanical dial lock; I have no use for electronic locks. I've never had a combo lock on any safe fail; the same cannot be said of the keypads.

I'm in NW Ohio - Bowling Green area. Just bought a safe from a local guy who makes some of the best safes and vaults available. Might be cheaper to rent a truck or borrow a truck and get it yourself. You're about 170 miles away.

Vault Doors Gun Safes Gun Vault Doors Vault Rooms

Check him out. I'm extremely happy with mine. I'm lucky, I only had to travel 3 miles to get mine.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

What I told him...Electronic are convenient but I dont want to get my guns stuck in my safe.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have two Browning safes...a short one with an electronic lock, and a tall one with a dial...neither have given me a problem (several years now). I can open the electronic safe in the dark by just feeling the pad...I need light and my glasses to open the dial.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by mrwhite1 View Post
    Sorry guess I should have been posting prices I've found for people to compare
    AG English quoted me $3758 + 738 (shipping) = $4496 curbside
    Bass Pro quoted me $4299.99 delivered to store + tax (not sure what rate is near Cincy) + $125 for guy to deliver and install. ($4557.99 @6% / $4600.99 @ 7%) + 125 delivery.

What are peoples thoughts on dial vs electronic lock? Push button way faster obviously, but not sure about reliability?
    Two comments: First, PAY someone to install the safe. They have the ramps and other tools to do it right without damaging your doorway, walls, stairs, etc. Money well spent.

Second: I liked the pushbutton electronic lock on my Cabela's Liberty safe UNTIL it went T.U. on me and kept my guns VERY SAFE for a whole freakin' month. Not a cheapie, either - top of the line S+G. By sheer dumb luck and by trying the lock daily, I was able to open the safe a day before the locksmith came out to drill my safe and replace the lock. I now have a conventional S+G combination lock. An associate at work also ran into similar problems and his brand-new had to be drilled to replace the digital lock that went stupid.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I'm going to look into the vault room from that company and see what he has to say. I think I will definitely stick with the regular dial instead of electronic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links