Who do I contact...crossbreed or crimsontrace

This is a discussion on Who do I contact...crossbreed or crimsontrace within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the 3rd time my Crimsontrace Lasergrips have died on me. Something is triggering the laser actuator on the front of the grip... I ...

Thread: Who do I contact...crossbreed or crimsontrace

Who do I contact...crossbreed or crimsontrace

This is the 3rd time my Crimsontrace Lasergrips have died on me. Something is triggering the laser actuator on the front of the grip... I can't tell whether it is the holster I have or a defect on the grips themselves, or the combination of my gun/holster/carrying method.

I use a Crossbreed Qwikclip which is designed to be carryed Appendix...it has a kydex mold for my Kahr MK9 with the crimsontrace lasergrips...

I've sent them back twice to Crimsontrace...very good customer service, the 2nd time they switched out to brand new lasergrips. But this keeps happening.... is it possible there needs to be an additional piece of kydex that surrounds the portion of the grip to prevent the laser from being turned on while it is functioning? Who should I start with? Both companies have really great customer support and I don't blame either of them, I just think it is an issue they simply aren't aware of... (I haven't found another MK9 owner with CT)

2. Remove Ads

pax
    Sounds like a Crossbreed issue to me, if you're sure it's coming on in the holster.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

I'm betting when you sit down if you got dunlap it's causing the grips to turn on
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Can you just drill a small hole into the kydex where the pressure button for the laser is located? Might be a quick fix. My guess is it is the holster.

The kydex mold part doesn't extend to cover part of the grip of the gun that has the laser actuator on it...

Weird I wonder whats hitting it.

Maybe take a pencil and cover the button in graphite dust or charcoal.

Wear the holster for the day and see what is hitting that button.

Could be your pants.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Lead Moderator
    Better to figure out what is causing the problem , as it most likely is how it rides on your body.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have a PM9 with LG-437 and a Crossbreed MiniTuck. I haven't had any issues with the laser being turned on. It's not the same exact gun, but the activation switch should be in the same spot.

What position are you carrying the holster in?

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    Weird I wonder whats hitting it.

Maybe take a pencil and cover the button in graphite dust or charcoal.

Wear the holster for the day and see what is hitting that button.

Could be your pants.
    I do something like this when a door's locks don't line up. Should work here.

Check how you holster it. Might be happening as you holster. (I don't have CT so am not sure how much the actuator might protrude)

I do appendix carry (the holster is designed for this specifically).... however there is no kydex covering that part.

Another thing to mention is that I noticed one day when I unholstered it the laser was on and was staying on...I had to depress the actuator firmly then let go, then it went off...

Quote Originally Posted by Blakestr View Post
    I do appendix carry (the holster is designed for this specifically).... however there is no kydex covering that part.

Another thing to mention is that I noticed one day when I unholstered it the laser was on and was staying on...I had to depress the actuator firmly then let go, then it went off...
    Thats strange. Can you reproduce that effect without the holster? Do you have a "sticky" actuator button?

Links