Neiko Digital Caliper For "tired" eyes

This is a discussion on Neiko Digital Caliper For "tired" eyes within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Newegg Mall has the Neiko 6" Digital Caliper w/ extra large display for $19 shipped. Neiko makes good stuff and now you don't have an ...

Thread: Neiko Digital Caliper For "tired" eyes

Neiko Digital Caliper For "tired" eyes

Newegg Mall has the Neiko 6" Digital Caliper w/ extra large display for $19 shipped. Neiko makes good stuff and now you don't have an excuse to get a quality caliper, now that you're to old to read the dial...
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

2. Remove Ads

That is a great deal! One can't hardly be without a caliper and a micrometer.

I'm old but can still manage the Brown & Sharpe with my reading glasses. These used to cost nearly 10 times the price of that Neiko.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Harbor Branch has a digital caliper for @$20 that I picked up. Used one of the coupons from the gun mags and ended up $9.95 + tax. Works just fine. Inch/metric, .001 accuracy. (They also have a cheapie that's only .01 accuracy, which isn't much good for reloading.)
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

[QUOTE=bmcgilvray;1590314]That is a great deal! One can't hardly be without a caliper and a micrometer.

I'm old but can still manage the Brown & Sharpe with my reading glasses. These used to cost nearly 10 times the price of that Neiko.

[/QUOTE

My first impulse in shopping for calipers was to poke the antique shops/auction barns to TRY to find something nice like that...
    Finally ended up with a digital unit...It's nice...but it sure as $#@! AIN'T a Brown & Sharpe!!!
    Hand-crafted hardwood box....I'll wager it DOESN'T say "Made in China"!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BTW...the micrometer is pretty decent, too!!! We had some nice ones in metal shop in high school (until some kids got a bit too 'light-fingered".....then they bought cheapies!!).

I am jealous!

My caliper and mike are Starritt mechanical and I have had them for close to 30 years. I "retired" them a couple of years ago and went with their digital models; they are much easier on the eyes.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Originally posted my Treo's Dad alway's by the best tools you can afford and never sell them
    6 inch Starret 12 inch Starret and a 6 inch Mititoyu digital I used them well while machinging my way through college

Links