BlackPower 9mm/.40

This is a discussion on BlackPower 9mm/.40 within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Something that I've always wondered about. I thought it might be fun to reload a few rounds of 9mm or .40 with FFF Black Powder ...

Thread: BlackPower 9mm/.40

BlackPower 9mm/.40

Something that I've always wondered about. I thought it might be fun to reload a few rounds of 9mm or .40 with FFF Black Powder to see what it would do. Will the amount of BP that one can fit in a 9mm or .40 case even cycle the action or get the round down the barrel? I would love to toss a few of these in the mix at the local IDPA for giggles. I would think a fire throwing pistol and producing a 6 foot cloud of smoke would raise a few eyebrows and be rather funny. Is there any load data out there for a BP reload?
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

2. Remove Ads

Sure.

Yes. Same as for all black powder loads: Full case with the bullet lightly compressing the powder. DO NOT REDUCE the load. 'Floating' BP gives misfires and spotty performance.

Take a cleaning kit. In fact, if the range has electricity, take along your sonic cleaner doodad.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Links