Why i got back into reloading !

This is a discussion on Why i got back into reloading ! within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I reloaded years ago on 12ga,20ga,.45,.9mm,but I finally got tired of reloading all the time and gave it up.Then along comes this ammo shortage.Now I ...

Thread: Why i got back into reloading !

Thumbs up Why i got back into reloading !

I reloaded years ago on 12ga,20ga,.45,.9mm,but I finally got tired of reloading all the time and gave it up.Then along comes this ammo shortage.Now I had a hard time even finding ammo.I got tired of hearing,sorry we don't have any and oh by the way you need to take out a loan to buy some if you can find it.Well,I said thats it I'm getting back into reloading again.So now I'm making my own again and the heck with walmart. sj

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I gave up reloading back in '93 when I moved from WA to FL. There wasn't really anywhere to hunt so why bother? I've still got an ammo box full of old shotshells and rounds for guns that were stolen long ago.

After the hurricanes in 2004, I gave serious thought to HD, so I bought my G30 last year. Of course, no ammo was to be found, so I dragged my old equipment out of the attic and cranked it back up. Now I've added 9mm Makarov to the .45 auto reloading, and it's refreshing to remember how therepuetic reloading is. It's not just about the money and availability!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Well,I'm retired now so sometimes I need a way to pass the time,so I just go into my reloading room and start cranking them out.

I enjoy hand loading (I prefer this term over reloading) as it satisfies that "machinist" urge I think all of us have tucked away somewhere. For my handgun ammo I just make sure I use quality components and its reliable. I go all out on my .223 ammo with full brass prep, all the gauges and match grade components. Very enjoyable pastime over the past 47 years.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Links